Senior Data Scientist (GANs)
Toronto, ON /
Technology – Software /
Who We Are
Tonal is the smartest home gym and personal trainer. It has completely revolutionized the way people work out at home, with its sleek design and advanced A.I. technology. We’ve united a diverse team of experts and decades of research to reinvent strength training, making it more efficient, more effective and more engaging.
With this in mind, we want to bring that same innovative approach to the workplace. At Tonal, we continue our shift of emphasis by growing our instrumental team. We collectively weave our knowledge and creativity, as we redefine the future of fitness. We are passionate about building products that transform lives, and building teams that transform the status quo. Together, we can be our strongest.
This position can be based out of our headquarters in San Francisco, Toronto, or remotely.
What You Will Do
- Provide expert input on architecture of Tonal's learning systems
- Architect and build our machine learning and computer vision solutions
- Identify innovative opportunities for deep learning and computer vision
Who You Are
- Advanced degree in mathematical field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of research or engineering experience in one or more of the following: generative models (GANs, VAE, Glow), segmentation, object detection, classification, tracking, NLP, or other related applications of machine learning
- 2+ years of industry experience as a data scientist
- Deep learning, especially generative models, e.g, GANs, Image-to-Image translation
- Industry or project experience with deep learning frameworks (e.g. PyTorch, TensorFlow, Caffe2)
- Team player with high integrity
- Experience working on a team where feedback is routinely shared as a mechanism for professional development
- High degree of self-awareness
- Have worked on a distributed team across different geographies
- Experience with gyros and accelerometers
- Experience with deepfake technology
- Experience as a software engineer
At Tonal, we believe that the unique and varied lived experiences of our teammates contribute to our overall strength. We don’t just appreciate differences, we celebrate them, and we always seek people that represent a wide variety of backgrounds. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and designing employee experiences that contribute to your growth as much as you do to ours. If your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), send us your application. We would love to hear from you!
Tonal is committed to meeting the diverse needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner that is consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration and equality of opportunity. Should you have any accommodation requests, please reach out to us via our confidential email, firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests will be addressed and responded to in accordance with Tonal’s Accessibility Policy and local legislation.