Senior Mobile Engineer (Flutter)
San Francisco, CA
Technology – Software /
Who We Are
Tonal is the smartest home gym and personal trainer. It has completely revolutionized the way people work out at home, with its sleek design and advanced A.I. technology. We’ve united a diverse team of experts and decades of research to reinvent strength training, making it more efficient, more effective and more engaging.
With this in mind, we want to bring that same innovative approach to the workplace. At Tonal, we continue our shift of emphasis by growing our instrumental team. We collectively weave our knowledge and creativity, as we redefine the future of fitness. We are passionate about building products that transform lives, and building teams that transform the status quo. Together, we can be our strongest.
Tonal is looking for a passionate front-end developer to work cross-functionally with product, engineering, and design, and play a critical role in building the Mobile application that powers the world’s most intelligent personal trainer. You will be given the opportunity to solve challenging problems in the development of software for a unique consumer fitness product. You are entrepreneurial, thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment, and execute at an A-level. Like us, you value clean, fast, high-performing, and maintainable software.
What You Will Do
- Lead the development of complex features using the Flutter framework/Dart language
- Collaborate in design & planning and participate in scrum ceremonies to ensure successful execution of product deliverables
- Help build a quality-driven engineering culture that ships products rapidly and with confidence
- Work on cross-platform engineering challenges and contribute ideas to improve software architecture & best practices
- Coordinate with onshore/offshore teams to streamline the development/testing activities
- Troubleshoot/triage customer issues and perform root cause analysis to identify improvement opportunities
Who You Are
- 3-5 years of software development experience
- Proficient in developing and releasing Flutter based applications
- Extensive experience in iOS and/or Android Mobile Platform with backend services integration
- Working knowledge of data analytics and logging tools such as Sentry, Amplitude, or OpenSearch
- Strong understanding of source control management, build process, and CI/CD workflow
- High attention to detail, both in code and UI/UX with a creative approach to problem-solving
- Ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization
- BA, BS, or MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
- Experience in Swift and/or Kotlin programming languages
- Familiarity with Apple Health and/or Google Health Connect
- Knowledge in media processing and video streamingInterest in the fitness industry
The range of base salary for the position is between $156,000 - $169,000 USD plus equity and benefits. We take into consideration an individual’s background, experience, and location in determining their salary. This role is also eligible for health insurance, retirement savings benefits, life insurance and disability benefits, flexible paid time off, parental leave, and other additional benefits.
At Tonal, we believe that the unique and varied lived experiences of our teammates contribute to our overall strength. We don’t just appreciate differences, we celebrate them, and we always seek people that represent a wide variety of backgrounds. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and designing employee experiences that contribute to your growth as much as you do to ours. If your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), send us your application. We would love to hear from you!
Tonal is committed to meeting the diverse needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner that is consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity. Should you have any accommodation requests, please reach out to us via our confidential email, email@example.com. All requests will be addressed and responded to in accordance with Tonal’s Accessibility Policy and local legislation.