Senior Product Marketing Manager
San Francisco, CA
Revenue – Marketing /
Who We Are
Tonal is the smartest home gym and personal trainer. It has completely revolutionized the way people work out at home, with its sleek design and advanced A.I. technology. We’ve united a diverse team of experts and decades of research to reinvent strength training, making it more efficient, more effective and more engaging.
With this in mind, we want to bring that same innovative approach to the workplace. At Tonal, we continue our shift of emphasis by growing our instrumental team. We collectively weave our knowledge and creativity, as we redefine the future of fitness. We are passionate about building products that transform lives, and building teams that transform the status quo. Together, we can be our strongest.
The Senior Product Marketing Manager (Sr. PMM) role leads all marketing aspects of go-to-market for hardware and software feature launches and early engagement with these products and features. This includes supporting product and software teams in sizing business opportunities, obtaining customer and member insights, identifying customer segments, aligning features to customer needs, defining product and feature names, positioning and messaging frameworks, and collaborating with channel marketers on implementation.
The Sr. PMM will demonstrate the ability to think strategically and execute methodically, represent the voice of the customer in key marketing and product decisions, while connecting the dots between several different teams and functions. This role is the conduit between marketing, data analytics, product management, software engineering, performance innovation, and design. The Sr. PMM will bring together the art and science of marketing by turning data into insights and leverage these into marketing and messaging strategies that both attract new customers and more deeply engage our existing member base. The Sr. PMM will consistently demonstrate the ability to pivot between short term tactics and mid-to-long term strategies and lead through ambiguity.
What You Will Do
- Develop go-to-market strategies that drive key marketing and business results and optimize plans based on performance data.
- Define the naming, positioning, and messaging strategy for new product and feature launches.
- Define the optimal target segments and leverage segment insights to inform product /software development plans to both attract and retain members.
- Partner with and lead channel owners, data analytics, and creative teams through the execution of product and software feature marketing strategies.
- Inform and at times design research studies to gather pertinent data and insights.
- Grow the business by leveraging customer insights and engagement data to influence the product roadmap.
- Partner with business development, product/software, and finance teams to help define new business/segment/program opportunities.
- Support GTM activities for new opportunities as needed.
Who You Are
- 8+ years of experience in product marketing.
- Experience with hardware and software marketing in a business with an expanding product portfolio.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You are able to communicate in a concise manner, especially in written form, and can translate complex ideas into clear-cut frameworks and messages.
- Strong program and stakeholder management skills.
- You are highly skilled at managing all details of complex marketing programs while coordinating with stakeholders to meet deadlines.
- Data-driven and comfortable using data to inform decisions.
- You leverage qualitative and quantitative data to inform decisions and know when to rely on experience and judgment to move things forward.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and adaptability.
- You are a self-starter who is able to iterate quickly and lead through ambiguous situations.
- A trusted partner who effectively collaborates and easily earns the trust of team members while being equally comfortable challenging assumptions.
- Driven, detail-oriented professional who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Start-up experience
- Passionate about strength training, exercise, health, and fitness
The range of base salary for the position is between $155,000 - $168,000 USD plus equity and benefits. We take into consideration an individual’s background, experience, and location in determining their salary. This role is also eligible for health insurance, retirement savings benefits, life insurance and disability benefits, flexible paid time off, parental leave, and other additional benefits.
At Tonal, we believe that the unique and varied lived experiences of our teammates contribute to our overall strength. We don’t just appreciate differences, we celebrate them, and we always seek people that represent a wide variety of backgrounds. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and designing employee experiences that contribute to your growth as much as you do to ours. If your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), send us your application. We would love to hear from you!
Tonal is committed to meeting the diverse needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner that is consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity. Should you have any accommodation requests, please reach out to us via our confidential email, firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests will be addressed and responded to in accordance with Tonal’s Accessibility Policy and local legislation.