Senior UX Researcher
San Francisco /
About the Team
We’re a small team of builders passionate about creating a world where people are brought together through learning music, celebrating work-in-progress, and sharing moments in the artistic journey.
We're a diverse and geographically distributed team that cares deeply about building a workforce and culture that is inclusive and equitable for people of all backgrounds and experiences. We particularly encourage people from communities that tend to be underrepresented to apply, including women, people of color, and LGBTQ people.
We also want you to know that you can be a great candidate even if you don't perfectly fit the mold we describe below and you can have important skills we haven't even thought of yet. If that's you, don't hesitate to reach out and tell us about yourself.
• You thrive in an environment of high-responsibility.
• You are obsessed with your personal growth and highly self-reflective.
• You treat others with kindness. You’re excited when your teammates succeed.
• You are insatiably curious. You can’t stop learning. You’re fascinated about underlying drivers of behavior (between teammates, users, anyone).
• You’re human and you care about the human-element that technology should highlight, not obscure.
About the Role
As a Senior UX Researcher, you'll lead and execute research across various aspects of the Tonic experience. Your impact will help evolve the business & product strategy for Tonic as a whole.
The day to day
- Conducting independent research on multiple aspects of product.
- Identifying and communicating future opportunities.
- Designing and running surveys, usability studies, and strategic research initiatives.
- Distilling and presenting clearly articulated findings and recommendations.
Minimum experience required
- You have experience with research design across a wide variety of methods (e.g., usability studies, contextual inquiry, surveys, etc.), and can clearly explain when it is best to apply them.
- You're comfortable using remote moderated and unmoderated testing tools (UserZoom GO, etc.).
- You have experience creating research-based personas, and other research artifacts to help support product.
- You have excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- You're able to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences.
- You can work independently and identify and solve problems effectively and efficiently.
- You're super passionate about product, design, research, and usability.
- You have fantastic organizational and time management skills.
- Experience with prototyping tools.
- Experience conducting research on social platforms.
About the company
Tonic is a community for musicians to share work-in-progress and celebrate moments in their artistic journey. We make practice addicting by creating an encouraging and social space for practice, performance, and workshopping new material. Ultimately, we're architecting how communities focused on social learning will develop as we move into a web3 future.
We're a venture-backed company with offices in San Francisco and team members across the world. We are grateful to be supported by top-tier investors including Brian Cho + Jason Yeh (Patron), Andrew Chen + Anne Lee Skates (a16z), Pharrell Williams, Packy McCormick, along with founders and executives of YouTube, Twitch, Twitter Spaces, Duolingo, Affirm, Scale, and ProductHunt. Our mission is to enable anyone learning music to express and be the best version of themselves, everyday.