Mobile Engineering Lead
Product & Engineering
Tonsser has quickly become the leading app and platform for youth football players, coaches and clubs in the world. Focus has been on building excellent user experiences, resulting in several players already being discovered and given new opportunities through Tonsser.
With our recent Series A funding round, we have never been in a stronger position to take the next big steps toward our ambitious goal of bringing the entire ecosystem together on one platform. We are doing this to create transparency across the football industry.
We would like YOU to be part of Tonsser's future journey, as our new Mobile Lead 🔥
The Tonsser app for players and coaches has been core to our fast growing football platform since day one. It's the medium of choice for young and ambitious players to establish their football identity and engage with teammates and opponents while being closely watched by the scouts.
The app is already loved today, but we want it to be even better and much more exciting tomorrow. You'll help lead this effort together with a group of passionate engineers, designers and product managers.
In this position, you'll manage, mentor and work together with a growing team of talented iOS and Android engineers and enable them to deliver beyond expectations. You will also be cooperating with other tech leads on defining and executing on Tonsser's technology roadmap.
Requirements for the ideal candidate
- Highly experienced with mobile app development (at least 5 years), natively on iOS and Android. You're probably strongest on one of the platforms, but you know them both well.
- You master different mobile app architectures and care passionately about how to build apps to the highest standards while following best platform practices and engineering principles.
- Building internal frameworks and designing clever abstractions to handle app complexity is a natural part of your work.
- Even though you're a coder at heart, you like to lead and mentor people on a daily basis. You take pride in delivering better than great results, but know that you need to ignite your team to succeed.
- You love to see progress and constantly push the team to develop their technical skills, improve their productivity and work smarter.
- Can showcase several examples of advanced mobile apps that you've built.
Benefits (we know you want them)
- Private health care.
- Free choice of mobile phone, laptop, monitor and other setup that you need.
- Catered, delicious lunch - every single day at 12:00. Breakfast if you're an early riser. Jaw droppingly amazing cake every thursday.
- As much soda, coffee, (beers on Fridays) as you can possibly consume.
- Free bike through Donkey Republic, so you can explore Copenhagen like a true native.
- Bi-monthly hack days, where anyone with coding skills can hack away and experiment on new frontiers
- Monthly gaming nights (pizza included), where we geek out over everything from AEII, CS, Fifa, board games, you name it.
- Friday bars with beers, sound box, games, and just good times.
- Regular company trips, sometimes deep into the Danish forests, other times to foreign territories.
Engineering at Tonsser
As part of Tonsser’s team of engineers, you’ll be working with a bunch of passionate tech people. We are creative product builders who love to create high quality software using the best tools of the trade.
We're always eager to learn and spend time experimenting and improving our tech skills and have dedicated time to do so through bi-monthly hack days. We also do internal tech talks where team members share knowledge on everything from advanced Git usage, exploring new programming languages like Rust, to writing a Slack bot in Haskell.
We use a mix of different programming languages, tools and services to do our jobs. Check out the Tonsser stack on StackShare.
Curious to know more about us?
How a football app used data to challenge the best academies in Europe (Tonsser Medium blog)
A Danish startup built a LinkedIn for soccer players – and it could be a goldmine (Business Insider)