Chief Technology Officer
Product & Engineering
Tonsser is the world’s leading football performance platform. With a userbase of almost a million young footballers Tonsser has quickly become the leading app and hub for youth players, coaches and clubs in the world. The business recently closed an 5m+ Euro funding round from leading international venture capital investors, with that Tonsser is now ready to take the next big steps toward bringing the entire ecosystem together on one platform and creating transparency across the industry.
The next phase of the company is focused on building engaging and tailored product experiences for each type of user - players, coaches and clubs. A platform integrating with leading data partners, wearables and computer vision technology as well as building out Tonsser’s academy scouting platform, products that are already being used by premier league clubs and global sports brands.
The technical platform is built on open source technologies and currently consists of services written in Ruby on Rails, Rust, Node.js and Python. The services and our Redis, Postgres and MongoDB databases are hosted on Heroku utilizing several different cloud services from multiple providers.
To be able to execute on this ambitious vision Tonnser is looking to hire a Chief Technology Officer to be based in Copenhagen. The CTO will be part of the senior management of the company and report to the CEO.
- Work closely with the leadership team to develop and execute Tonsser’s vision and strategy as it relates to growth and business goals
- Develop the long-term technology strategy, architecture and development of all Tonsser's products including data and backend application platform
- Foster collaboration between engineering and other departments and challenge, define and refine processes and communication across the organisation
- Define and refine engineering roadmaps and workflows to ensure that projects are high-impact, shipped quickly, and in alignment with other teams
- Build up and lead a strong, diverse and inclusive team of talented engineers
- Strengthen the Tonsser engineering culture of continuous feedback and growth
- Mentor and manage the professional development of the engineering team
- Identify technology trends and evolving consumer behaviour that may support the success of Tonsser.
- Share knowledge, mentor and educate the Tonsser team and other stakeholders with regards to the company's technical challenges, vision and opportunities
- Work closely with the Product organisation to ensure great execution and user first approach
- Drive a data-driven decision process in engineering and across the company
- 8+ years experience in software engineering with at least 4 years in a leadership role, ideally in fast-paced, growing tech companies
- A proven track record in successfully scaling agile engineering teams
- Previous experience mentoring and leading engineering managers
- Rational thinker and talented communicator, with strong interpersonal skills
- Previous experience from data heavy software products as well as cloud-based infrastructure
- Ability to field input from across the company and curate this into an engineering vision & strategy
- Passionate about building a dedicated team ethos and culture
- Ability to set clear KPIs and holding engineers accountable to these
- Strong and proven leadership skills
- Analytical and data driven
- Ability to inspire and guide teams – providing hands-on leadership when required
- Strong ability to attract and retain excellent engineering talent
- Positive energy and creativity