Community Manager Intern (United Kingdom)
Reporting directly to the UK Market Manager, but working closely with the rest of the marketing team. This is an exciting opportunity to gain experience engaging with and growing your local Tonsser community via on-the-ground work, as well as in-app activities and social media.
Based in London or Copenhagen, you must speak English natively / fluently. You must also demonstrate clear knowledge of the British football system, along with an appreciation for and understanding of youth football culture in the UK.
What you will be doing:
- Execute market tactics, in relation to the Market Strategy for the UK market in collaboration with Market Manager and rest of marketing team.
- Build out the Content Capture network in the UK Focus Cities, in collaboration w. Market Manager, Community Manager and team.
- Be the go-to in regards of the Content Capture Network internally & externally.
- Onboard, manage & coordinate a team of Content Capturers.
- Help build player relations through on-the-ground and social outreach.
- Assist the partnership activation efforts for the UK market in relation to any brand, media or club partnerships, following the guidelines from our Partnerships Manager.
- Ensure the social channels are filled with amazing content that embodies our vision, ethos, and spirit, while ensuring it is consistent with our content strategy, set by our Content Lead, including the following:
- Adapting global assets to fit the taste and tone of the Tonsser community in the UK.
- Sourcing and repackaging exciting video clips you find within the Tonsser community to keep our social channels alight with amazing grassroot player highlights.
- Preparing imagery for social posts on Photoshop (as above)
- Writing the text / copy for social posts, with keen attention to detail when it comes to spelling and grammar
- Community management; responding to inbound messages, commenting both reactive and proactively, channelling
- Ensure continuous market feedback to both the Marketing Team and the Product Team.
You can say yes to the following:
- Be a proud problem-solver, proactive and unafraid to float ideas
- Show hunger and willingness to learn
- Have an innate interest in social media
- Love football, love British youth football culture
- Be organised and communicate up the chain to managers or peers
- Unafraid to flag mistakes or raise potential issues early to help us help you!
- Be an ear to the ground in the UK
- Hard working, passionate and self-motivated individual
- Understanding and appreciation of storytelling, relatability and what binds a community
What we offer:
- A chance to grow one of the most promising startups in the football industry
- An opportunity to build yourself into football content environment
- Getting to teamwork with amazing people
- Be part of a company with Multinational DNA, where the official language is English but we speak: Danish, Lithuanian, French, Spanish, Dutch, Serbo-Croatian, German, Polish, Portuguese, Bulgarian and Italian! 🌍
- 100% Work from home flexibility 🏡
- Tonsser Gear for your keeping 🔥
- Donkey Republic membership, so you can explore Copenhagen like a true native whenever you are here 🚲
Team of 35 hungry and kind girls and guys. Offices in Paris, London, Germany and HQ in Copenhagen
Backed by international investors and founders of companies like Spotify, Booking.com, Peakon, Vivino ...
Working at Tonsser means you're working on something very exciting: Shaping the future of football. Through technology we've seen a way to impact how new talents get discovered; we're changing the game of football by placing the power where it belongs: in the hands of the 265 million performers of the sport. For the football players to be in control, they need their own football identity. That's why we've built an app empowering football players to showcase their achievements and determine their success.
Curious to know more about us?
How a football app used data to challenge the best academies in Europe(Tonsser Medium blog)
Tonsser, the social app for youth soccer players, collaborates with Nike and raises new funding(TechCrunch)