Senior Android Engineer
Product & Engineering
Tonsser has quickly become the leading app and platform for youth football players, coaches and clubs in the world. Focus has been on building excellent user experiences, resulting in several players already being discovered and given new opportunities through Tonsser.
With our recent Series A funding round, we have never been in a stronger position to take the next big steps toward our ambitious goal of bringing the entire ecosystem together on one platform. We are doing this to create transparency across the football industry.
We would like YOU to be part of Tonsser's future journey, as our new Senior Android Engineer 🔥
The Tonsser app for players and coaches has been core to our fast growing football platform since day one. It's the medium of choice for young and ambitious players to establish their football identity and engage with their teammates and opponents while being closely watched by the scouts.
Our Android app is already loved today, but we want it to be even better and much more exciting tomorrow. You'll work on taking the app to the next level together with a group of passionate engineers, designers and product managers.
Requirements for the ideal candidate
- Obsessed with Android, and have worked on the platform intensively for 3-5 years
- Fluent in using RxJava and/or RxKotlin
- Able to showcase several apps that you are proud of having built
- Constantly looking to improve your skills by learning and experimenting
- Always seeking to make the things you work on be better, smarter, faster, and more clean
- Thriving on working with tough deadlines and making difficult decisions
- Always looking at existing processes with a critical set of eyes and spotting weak points
- Keen on working in a fast paced startup environment, where product development is based on solid user research and metrics
This is what gets you up in the morning
- Building and shipping high quality features together with super talented colleagues
- Solving hard problems using your magic tech powers
- Delivering high quality user experiences with an eagle eye for details
- Working in the smartest ways possible - optimise and automate!
- Fleshing out new concepts (eg. new training experience, deeper data collection & visualisation, wearable integration, etc.)
- Influencing everything product : From the roadmap to new concepts, UX, and all the way to implementation and testing.
Benefits (we know you want them)
- Private health care.
- Free choice of mobile phone, laptop, monitor and other setup that you need.
- Catered, delicious lunch - every single day at 12:00. Breakfast if you're an early riser. Jaw droppingly amazing cake every thursday.
- As much soda, coffee, (beers on Fridays) as you can possibly consume.
- Free bike through Donkey Republic, so you can explore Copenhagen like a true native.
- Bi-monthly hack days, where anyone with coding skills can hack away and experiment on new frontiers
- Monthly gaming nights (pizza included), where we geek out over everything from AEII, CS, Fifa, board games, you name it.
- Friday bars with beers, sound box, games, and just good times.
- Regular company trips, sometimes deep into the Danish forests, other times to foreign territories.
Engineering at Tonsser
As part of Tonsser’s team of engineers, you’ll be working with a bunch of passionate tech people. We are creative product builders who love to create high quality software using the best tools of the trade.
We're always eager to learn and spend time experimenting and improving our tech skills and have dedicated time to do so through bi-monthly hack days. We also do internal tech talks where team members share knowledge on everything from advanced Git usage, exploring new programming languages like Rust, to writing a Slack bot in Haskell.
We use a mix of different programming languages, tools and services to do our jobs. Check out the Tonsser stack on StackShare.
Curious to know more about us?
How a football app used data to challenge the best academies in Europe (Tonsser Medium blog)
A Danish startup built a LinkedIn for soccer players – and it could be a goldmine (Business Insider)