Brand Manager - Germany
Cologne area, Germany
If you're looking for a typical sales/marketing job, you're in the wrong place.
Are you a skilled marketer passionate about football and its culture in Germany ? Does building from scratch one of the coolest sport tech brand sound exciting ? How about full ownership and trust ?
Our mission: democratize and create transparency in Football
We strive to make sure that no talent goes unnoticed by bringing data into the scouting processes of clubs and scouts all over Europe. The first step to that goal was to become the #1 football app with more than 800 000 young players using our app to input and track their stats. The second is to bring the whole football ecosystem onto one platform, ours.
In Germany, we are well on our way to this goal with collaborations with prestigious clubs such as Bayer 04 Leverkusen and Ingolstadt FC using our product to find their next youth talents. To make sure those partnerships translate into explosive user growth, we are hiring our German Brand Manager, our very own rock star who will be in charge of building the Tonsser brand from scratch.
What your work will involve
- On a strategic level:
- On an operational level:
Crafting and owning our tone of voice in the area - working closely with our in-house brand designer
Defining distribution strategies for our content in the area with the rest of our Growth team
Identifying potential partners (pro clubs, local clubs, brands, scouts, events ...) in the area
Creating the required content in different formats on our various platforms (our app, our blog, social media, ...)
Creating and managing relationship with identified key external partners
Always looking for new, exciting and fresh ideas on how to bring our brand to our audience
Impulsing drive, creativity and hustle in the team to get things done for your area
Who you are
- Passionate about youth football and helping youngsters achieve their dream
- Creative soul that loves to build engaging stories tailored to their audience
- Structured mindset that can design and execute multiple tests on the full funnel and multi-task
- Craving for ownership: in your market, the whole funnel is yours and you need to take it
- Hustle mentality that will do anything it takes, both on-and-offline, to make it work
- Experienced Brand Manager in the football industry (3y+) is a plus
What you know how to do
- Understand and find your audience and their digital behaviours
- Gather powerful insights from your users through user research
- Understand the football industry landscape in your market (football system, brands, clubs, …)
- Devise, execute and test creative concepts with a production team
- Getting things done quickly using DIY tools such as unbounce, mailchimp, Intercom, etc
What we offer
- A chance to grow one of the most promising startups in the football industry
- Complete ownership & trust: we need you to tell us what to do
- A thorough Growth experience from top of funnel to retention
- Getting to work as a team with amazing people from all countries and expertise
Role based either in Berlin or in the Cologne area, flexible starting date
Team of ~35 hungry and kind guys and girls. Offices in Paris, London, Belgrade and HQ in Copenhagen
Backed by international investors and founders of companies like Spotify, Booking.com, Peakon, Vivino
Working at Tonsser means you're working on something very exciting: the future of football. Through technology we've seen a way to impact how new talents get discovered; we're changing the game of football by placing the power where it belongs: in the hands of the 265 million performers of the sport. For the football players to be in control, they need their own football identity. That's why we've built an app empowering football players to showcase their achievements and determine their success.