Senior iOS Engineer
Product & Engineering
We know senior iOS engineers are harder to come by than hen's teeth, so here's why this is a position that you'd actually love. First of all, we're growing. Super fast. We're the leading football app in Europe, and need you and your killer iOS engineering skills to come and help us disrupt this industry.
We’re on a mission to democratise the football world. Our first step is to create an app to empower the world’s 265 million football players to become better through performance tracking, peer evaluation, and personalised coaching. It’s not an easy challenge, but with 400 000+ players already onboarded we have progressed further than anyone ever before in this space.
We’re proud of our iOS app, which is already a big success among users in Denmark, Sweden, Norway, France, and Germany. And that's just the beginning. We might even have to take it to Mars (if the colony grows fast enough).
As part of Tonsser’s team of engineers, you’ll work with a bunch of passionate tech people. We are creative product builders who do our best to create high quality software using the best tools of the trade - like Swift. We’re always eager to learn and spend time experimenting and improving our tech skills. We do internal talks where team members share new knowledge with each other on everything from advanced Git usage to writing a Slack bot in Haskell.
Your colleagues say you are:
- Obsessed with iOS, and have worked on the platform for at least 5 years
- Highly proficient in the Swift programming language (Our app started out in Objective-C but is very close to being 100% Swift 3).
- Enjoy working with new, awesome open source third party libraries.
- Knowledgeable about Functional Reactive Programming (FRP).
- Experienced with best UI practices for iOS.
- Able to showcase several apps that you are proud of having built.
- Constantly looking to improve your skills by learning and experimenting.
- Keen on working in a fast paced startup environment, where product development is based on solid user research and metrics.
You like to:
- Build and ship high quality features together with super talented colleagues
- Solve hard problems using your magic tech powers
- Work in the smartest ways possible - optimise and automate!
- Flesh out new concepts (eg. new training experience, deeper data collection & visualisation, wearable integration)
- Influence everything product: from the roadmap to new concepts, UX, and all the way to implementation and testing
Your mother says you are:
- Competitive, but kind
- Visionary, but still gets things done
- Dedicated, and sees things through
- High performer, but always humble
- Agile, and learns quickly from mistakes
We write cool things! Read our the latest thoughts from co-founder and CPO here to understand how we think: