Senior iOS Engineer
Product & Engineering
You cannot miss this opportunity! 😱
We know Senior iOS Engineers are a rare species, so here's why this is a position that you need to check out 👀We're the leading football app in Europe, and need you and your killer iOS engineering skills to come and help us smash this industry 👊⚽️🌍
We're on a mission to democratise the world of football. Our first step is to create an app that empowers the world's 265 million football players to become better through performance tracking, peer evaluation, and personalised coaching. It’s not an easy challenge, but with 750,000+ players already onboarded we have progressed further than anyone ever before in this space 🙌
We’re proud of our iOS app, which is already a big success among users in Denmark 🇩🇰, Norway 🇳🇴, Sweden 🇸🇪, France 🇫🇷, Germany 🇩🇪, Switzerland 🇨🇭, Austria 🇦🇹, and Portugal 🇵🇹. And that's just the beginning. We might even have to take it to Mars (if the colony grows fast enough - come on Elon! 🚀).
As part of Tonsser’s team of engineers, you’ll be working with a bunch of passionate tech people. We are creative product builders who do our best to create high quality software using the best tools of the trade - like Swift and ReactiveX. We’re always eager to learn and spend time experimenting and improving our tech skills. We do internal talks where team members share new knowledge with each other on everything from advanced Git usage, exploring new programming languages and paradigms like Rust, to writing a Slack bot in Haskell 🤓
Your colleagues say that you are:
- Obsessed with iOS, and have worked on the platform intensively for 3-5 years
- Highly proficient in the Swift programming language (Our app started out in Objective-C but is now 100% Swift 4)
- Enjoy working with new, awesome open source third party libraries.
- Knowledgeable about Functional Reactive Programming (RxSwift).
- Experienced with best UI practices for iOS.
- Able to showcase several apps that you are proud of having built.
- Constantly looking to improve your skills by learning and experimenting
- Thriving on working with tough deadlines and making difficult decisions
- Keen on working in a fast paced startup environment, where product development is based on solid user research and metrics.
This is what gets you up in the morning:
- Building and shipping high quality features together with super talented colleagues
- Solving hard problems using your magic tech 🦄powers
- Delivering high quality user experiences with an eagle eye 🦅for details
- Working in the smartest ways possible - optimise and automate! 🤖
- Fleshing out new concepts 👨🎨(eg. new training experience, deeper data collection & visualisation, wearable integration, etc.)
- Influencing everything product : From the roadmap to new concepts, UX, and all the way to implementation and testing 🏃♂️
You want to be perceived as someone who is:
- Competitive, but kind
- Visionary, but still gets things done
- Dedicated, and sees things through
- High performer, but always humble
- Agile, and learns quickly from mistakes
You like the sound of:
- Private health care 🚑
- Catered, delicious lunch - every single day at 12:00 🌮
- Leftovers from lunch? You of course bring that home!
- Working past 6pm? Dinner is on Tonsser 🍔
- Breakfast if you're an early riser 🌅
- Jaw droppingly amazing cake every thursday 🍰
- As much soda, coffee, (beers on Fridays) as you can possibly consume
- As startup-as-can-be office loft, just a stone's throw away from Frederiksberg Center
- Free bike through Donkey Republic, so you can explore Copenhagen like a true native
- Bi-monthly Hackathons, where anyone with remote coding skills can hack away and experiment with new frontiers 👹
- Monthly gaming nights, where we geek out over everything from AEII, CS, Fifa, board games, you name it 🎮
- Regular Friday bars with beers, sound box, games, and just good times 🍺
We write cool things too!
Read about how we see ourselves, how other people see us and what we've been up to 😉
Building flows on Mobile with LEGO bricks
Design process—from brief to handover
My favorite class in all of our API
Discovering football talents will now be as easy as discovering artists on Spotify
"A Danish startup built a LinkedIn for soccer players – and it could be a goldmine", Business Insider
"Tonsser, the social app for youth soccer players, collaborates with Nike and raises new funding", TechCrunch: