Copenhagen, Denmark /
Tonsser is the leading app and platform for youth football players with more than 1.3m players using the app to unlock their potential. The focus has been on building an excellent user experience that motivates, inspires and empowers players to be the best they can be and share it with the community.. and discover life-changing opportunities.
With the vision of democratizing the football industry to create equal access to opportunities, we make it possible for players to build identity and capture their performance through stats and video to compare with the community and earn attention from both local and global clubs.
But that is just one part of Tonsser. We know that football is not only about getting discovered, most players have that dream, but play with the objective of having fun with their team. We have built a community that shares our values and aims to revolutionize the next generation of footballers.
iOS engineer at Tonsser
The Tonsser app for players and coaches has been core to our fast-growing football platform since day one. It's the medium of choice for young and ambitious players to establish their football identity and engage with their teammates and opponents while being closely watched by the scouts.
As part of Tonsser’s team of engineers, you’ll be working with a bunch of passionate tech people. We are creative product builders who love to create high-quality software using the best tools of the trade.
We're always eager to learn and spend time experimenting, improving tech skills and sharing our knowledge. You will have dedicated time to do so through bi-monthly hack days. We do tech internal talks where team members share knowledge on everything from advanced Git usage, exploring new programming languages like Rust, to writing a Slack bot in Haskell.
We use a mix of different programming languages, tools and services to do our jobs. Check out the Tonsser stack on StackShare.
Our iOS app is already loved today, but we want it to be even better and much more exciting tomorrow. The primary objective is great craftsmanship and ensuring that we build a quality product with a clear purpose. You'll work on taking the app to the next level together with a group of passionate engineers, designers and product managers, to help young people achieve their dreams.
Requirements for the ideal candidate:
- Natural tendency to help your teammates and care for your colleagues.
- Extensive iOS platform experience (3-5 years).
- Highly proficient with Swift.
- Interest in working with new, awesome open-source third-party libraries.
- Knowledge of Functional Reactive Programming (RxSwift).
- Knowledge of different design patterns, architectures that help you write high quality, testable and clean code
- Building complex interfaces with both Auto-Layout and Frames.
- Experience with a variety of iOS frameworks such as AVFoundation.
- Constantly looking to improve your skills by learning and experimenting.
- Thriving on working with tough deadlines and making difficult decisions.
- Keen on working in a fast-paced startup environment, where product development is based on solid user research and metrics.
- CI/CD and tools like fastlane
- Apple's HTTP Live Streaming (HLS)
- Testing: Unit, UI and Snapshot
- Have a hobby project that you are proud of showcasing.
This is what gets you up in the morning:
- Building and shipping high quality features together with super talented colleagues.
- Solving hard problems using your magic tech powers.
- Delivering high-quality user experiences with an eagle eye for details.
- Working in the smartest ways possible - optimise and automate!
- Fleshing out new concepts (eg. new training experience, deeper data collection & visualisation, wearable integration, etc.)
- Influencing everything product: From the roadmap to new concepts, UX, and all the way to implementation and testing.
- 100% flexible working from home policy.
- Private health care.
- Free choice of mobile phone, laptop, monitor and other setups that you need.
- Catered, delicious lunch - every single day at 12:00.
- Breakfast if you're an early riser.
- Jaw-droppingly amazing cake every Thursday.
- As much soda, coffee, (beers on Fridays) as you can possibly consume.
- Free bike through Donkey Republic, so you can explore Copenhagen like a true native.
- Bi-monthly hack days, where anyone with coding skills can hack away and experiment on new frontiers
- Monthly gaming nights (pizza included), where we geek out over everything from AEII, CS, Fifa, board games, you name it.
- Friday bars with beers, soundbox, games, and just good times.Regular company trips, sometimes deep into the Danish forests, other times to foreign territories.
- Starting date: beginning of september.
- Process steps: Recruiter screen interview - Challenge test - Hiring manager and team interview - Offer
- We have offices in: Paris, 23 rue des Jeuneurs 75002 Paris
- Copenhagen, Godthåbsvej 34B, 2, 2000, 2000 Frederiksberg
- For this role it is possible to be either remote or based in one of our offices.
Team of 35 hungry and kind girls and guys. Offices in Paris, London, Germany and HQ in Copenhagen
Backed by international investors and founders of companies like Spotify, Booking.com, Peakon, Vivino ...
Working at Tonsser means you're working on something very exciting: Shaping the future of football. Through technology we've seen a way to impact how new talents get discovered; we're changing the game of football by placing the power where it belongs: in the hands of the 265 million performers of the sport. For the football players to be in control, they need their own football identity. That's why we've built an app empowering football players to showcase their achievements and determine their success.
Curious to know more about us?
How a football app used data to challenge the best academies in Europe(Tonsser Medium blog)
Tonsser, the social app for youth soccer players, collaborates with Nike and raises new funding(TechCrunch)