Copenhagen, Denmark /
Reporting directly to the Content Lead, but working holistically across the internal teams, you will own our copywriting to create awareness around our players success stories and the Tonsser brand. You know a good a good football story when you see it, and you can tell them with high frequency while building brand consistency.
What is Tonsser?
Tonsser is here here to ‘Unlock Every Player’s Potential’ and it’s already happening. We created Tonsser United with players solely scouted through our app competing equally against the top academies in the world. We discovered amateur players who is now playing in pro clubs and on national teams. But this isn’t just happening at the highest level, we see players unlock more of their potential every week, and we would love to find someone to help us discover, write and distribute all those stories as they deserve to be told.
But that is just one part of Tonsser. We know that football is not only about getting discovered, most players have that dream, but play with the objective of having fun with their team. We have built a community that shares our values and aims to revolutionise the next generation of footballers.
What you will be doing (Core)
- Map out most relevant topics to cover, to increase consistency and frequency in our output.
- Acting as the “go to” person in regards to player and club success stories.
- Utilise Market Managers and our Football Team to localise stories for increased impact.
- Own the discovery and copywriting of content for our PR and communication plan.
- Find the right angle in the continuous flow of stories on our players and partners from internal teams.
- Write stories targeted towards the platforms mostly frequented by our target audience (13 to 23 years old)
- Support the product marketing team with copywriting to ensure a consistent tone of voice in and out of app.
- Ensure brand consistency across all our written communication.
- Secure and nurture regional, national and international PR partners, within relevant industries, together with the Market Managers.
- Contribute to coherent plans for brand awareness and positioning, aligned with company brand compass.
- Own the consistency of content creation to help expand our audience continuously.
- Build a network of writers to contribute with stories.
What you will be doing (General)
- Communication and Reporting
- Ensure transparency and a seamless flow of metrics and information in relation to awareness to internal stakeholders.
- Present progress and achievements, with goal of transparency and knowledge-sharing.
- Cross-Team Operations
- Reduce time from idea to action, by understanding company best practices and go-to colleagues.
- Assist the setup of processes focused on speeding up time to action, on cross-team market tasks.
- Contribute to best practices for market-operations in Tonsser, across all key markets.
The Ideal Candidate
- You have a deep understanding of football and can spot a good story from a mile away
- You have experience in writing quality SPORTS content with high frequency and understand the nuances of the various channels
- A fundamental dislike of falling short or failing, a true go-getter.
- Have a structured mind, able to juggle multiple things at the same time
- Be able to see the bigger picture, and how our stories fits into it.
- Be organised and communicate to both managers or peers.
- Show hunger and willingness to learn.
- Unafraid to flag mistakes or raise potential issues early to help us help you!
- Be an ear to the ground in terms of upcoming and sought after stories.
- Hard working, passionate and self-motivated individual.
- Understanding and appreciation of storytelling, relatability and what binds an audience.
- Starting date: as soon as possible
- Process steps: Recruiter screen interview - Challenge test - Hiring manager and team interview - Offer
- Based in: Copenhagen, but possibility to be remote
- Contract: possibility to be full or part time
- Feel free to send us your work to: email@example.com :)
- 100% flexible working from home policy.
- Free choice of mobile phone, laptop, monitor and other setups that you need.
- Catered, delicious lunch - every single day at 12:00 (in Copenhagen)
- Breakfast if you're an early riser. (in Copenhagen)
- Jaw-droppingly amazing cake every Thursday. (in Copenhagen)
- As much soda, coffee, (beers on Fridays) as you can possibly consume. (in Copenhagen)
- Free bike through Donkey Republic, so you can explore Copenhagen like a true native. (in Copenhagen)
- Bi-monthly hack days, where anyone with coding skills can hack away and experiment on new frontiers (in Copenhagen)
- Monthly gaming nights (pizza included), where we geek out over everything from AEII, CS, Fifa, board games, you name it. (in Copenhagen)
- Friday bars with beers, soundbox, games, and just good times. (in Copenhagen)
- Regular company trips, sometimes deep into the Danish forests, other times to foreign territories.
Team of 35 hungry and kind girls and guys. Offices in Paris, London, Germany and HQ in Copenhagen
Backed by international investors and founders of companies like Spotify, Booking.com, Peakon, Vivino ...
Working at Tonsser means you're working on something very exciting: Shaping the future of football. Through technology we've seen a way to impact how new talents get discovered; we're changing the game of football by placing the power where it belongs: in the hands of the 265 million performers of the sport. For the football players to be in control, they need their own football identity. That's why we've built an app empowering football players to showcase their achievements and determine their success.
Curious to know more about us?
How a football app used data to challenge the best academies in Europe(Tonsser Medium blog)
Tonsser, the social app for youth soccer players, collaborates with Nike and raises new funding(TechCrunch)