Full Stack Engineer
Product & Engineering
Tonsser has quickly become the leading app and platform for youth football players, coaches and clubs in the world. Focus has been on building excellent user experiences, resulting in several players already being discovered and given new opportunities through Tonsser.
With our recent Series A funding round, we have never been in a stronger position to take the next big steps toward our ambitious goal of bringing the entire ecosystem together on one platform. We are doing this to create transparency across the football industry.
We would like YOU to be part of Tonsser's future journey, as our new full-stack engineer 🔥
As part of our fast growing football talent platform, we have started to build a new web based product for clubs and scouts called Tonsser Discover. In this position you'll be part of a squad dedicated to defining and building this product. You'll work closely with other engineers, designers and product managers to make sure Tonsser Discover becomes something its users simply can't live without.
Requirements for the ideal candidate
- You have minimum 3-5 years of experience building products for the web and consider yourself a full-stack engineer.
- Your frontend skills are great, but it's probably with your amazing backend engineering skills that you impress most people.
- You've built well crafted and scalable APIs using Ruby on Rails or a similar backend framework on top of relational databases (we use Postgres).
- Writing unit and integration tests to ensure that your code is rock solid is a natural part of your work flow.
- Can showcase several examples of advanced web applications that you've built.
Benefits (we know you want them)
- Private health care.
- Free choice of mobile phone, laptop, monitor and other setup that you need.
- Catered, delicious lunch - every single day at 12:00. Breakfast if you're an early riser. Jaw droppingly amazing cake every thursday.
- As much soda, coffee, (beers on Fridays) as you can possibly consume.
- Free bike through Donkey Republic, so you can explore Copenhagen like a true native.
- Bi-monthly hack days, where anyone with coding skills can hack away and experiment on new frontiers
- Monthly gaming nights (pizza included), where we geek out over everything from AEII, CS, Fifa, board games, you name it.
- Friday bars with beers, sound box, games, and just good times.
- Regular company trips, sometimes deep into the Danish forests, other times to foreign territories.
Engineering at Tonsser
As part of Tonsser’s team of engineers, you’ll be working with a bunch of passionate tech people. We are creative product builders who love to create high quality software using the best tools of the trade.
We're always eager to learn and spend time experimenting and improving our tech skills and have dedicated time to do so through bi-monthly hack days. We also do internal tech talks where team members share knowledge on everything from advanced Git usage, exploring new programming languages like Rust, to writing a Slack bot in Haskell.
We use a mix of different programming languages, tools and services to do our jobs. Check out the Tonsser stack on StackShare.
Curious to know more about us?
How a football app used data to challenge the best academies in Europe (Tonsser Medium blog)
A Danish startup built a LinkedIn for soccer players – and it could be a goldmine (Business Insider)