Product & Engineering
Are you a 10x engineer who loves building data pipelines for a meaningful mission? Want to get your hands on the data that will transform football?
This job is for someone who loves complex problems, and wants to solve them through data. Right now, the way football talents are noticed is opaque. You either get noticed by knowing someone, or by luck. We want to decrease the dependency on luck, contacts, or cash and make this industry focus on something more universal: talent.
Our app is for youth footballers, and it helps them to showcase their potential through performance, match performance, and key skills. We don't focus on professional footballers: that's not the point here. The idea is to recognise talent: no matter what league they're playing in, or who they are.
We know that "data science" is a buzz word, and if you've just done a 3 month course on it, this position's not for you. This position is more for someone who thinks in DataFrames, breathes analytics, and eats startups for breakfast.
We're a company that's biased towards autonomy, responsibility, and big impact. And the data that you'll get to work with? Some of the sexiest that there is out there, Scout's honour.
You'll get to:
- Build a sophisticated data pipeline, the foundational platform upon which Tonsser will scale to a global userbase
- Work with best-in-class data infrastructure and cloud services
- Collaborate with data scientists to build prediction models and recommendation systems
- Disrupt and transform the football industry with your code
Your background probably includes:
- Several years as a professional software engineer
- Experience with data modelling in several contexts
- Machine learning: you know what it takes to put models into production
- Communication in: problem definition, data evangelism, and data visualisation
- Experience with cloud data tooling, and infrastructure
- A degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Engineering or something similar
Your colleagues say you are:
- Inventive: we have really difficult challenges with very messy data - it'll take great ideas to solve the problems
- Ambitious: we're solving real problems and creating real value - it'll take more than textbook answers to be successful
Your mother says you are:
- A high performer, but always humble
- Passionate about doing things with impact
- Curious by nature
You'd like to develop:
- Your technical skills with various data platforms and technologies
- Decision-making, and dependency of the company on your part of the business
We write cool things! Read our the latest thoughts from co-founder and CPO here to understand how we think.
Discovering footballers is becoming as easy as discovering musicians on Spotify. Tonsser explains how here: