Vice President of Content
Toronto, Ontario /
Content Production – Content Production /
Top Hat is hiring for a VP of Content that will own and execute our digital textbook content strategy. The successful candidate will enable us to achieve our North American growth objectives by focusing on proper resource allocation and project development.
We are looking for someone who knows how to really bring content to life, understands the textbook market in higher education, and has experience acquiring and managing authors. The successful candidate will own the relationship with the editorial team, including copywriters, authors, and influencers, while also managing our internal stakeholders across our technology and go-to market departments.
As an organization, Top Hat is at the forefront of leading the change from print publishing to digital publishing, and this role is going to help us pave the way forward.
- Develop and drive Top Hat’s aggressive content growth strategy in North America
- Gain a deep understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of Top Hat’s content catalogue
- Manage project proposals with detailed, multi-year ROI analyses
- Ensure that Top Hat continues to gain market share by either developing, acquiring or improving content to fit specific market segments
- Own revenue growth targets for each product in Top Hat’s content catalogue
- Establish and grow our relationship with authors, influencers and universities to help strengthen our brand and increase our ability to execute new projects
- Manage a team of publishers, editors, copywriters, and a network of global independent talent to ensure the execution of content development
- Work closely with the VP of Product to ensure that our content is embedded within our product seamlessly
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the editorial process across multiple disciplines
- Experience in managing relationships with authors, influencers and educators
- Successfully performed detailed market segmentation and analyses
- The ability to build business proposals focused on ROI in order to get approval from C-level executives
- Proven experience in releasing a product into a market segment with exceptional results that grow your market share
- Strong analytical and financial competencies, in order to manage P&L and analyze performance across multiple product lines
- A strong understanding of technology and how it will impact the value proposition on each of your titles
- Lead a team locally and internationally
About Top Hat:
Top Hat’s interactive, cloud-based teaching platform enables professors to engage students inside and outside the classroom with compelling content, tools and activities. Millions of students at 700 leading North American colleges and universities use the Top Hat teaching platform. Headquartered in Toronto, Top Hat has been operating since 2009.
We have a vibrant culture of brilliant people who are innovators, thinkers, and creative geniuses. We believe in defying the status quo and we want smart people like you to join us.
The life of a Top Hatter also comes with other sweet perks too:
• Outstanding company culture, with a team that is super smart and motivated to be a part of a company that is changing the face of education.
• Conveniently located at Bloor and Avenue, near 3 TTC stations.
• We are one of the top education technology companies in North America (named Fastest 50 Growing Companies by Deloitte Consulting!)
• Our dress code is casual.
Top Hat welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.