Revenue – Account Executives
Are you entrepreneurial and achievement-oriented? Are you interested in accelerating your sales career? Does changing the face to education for professors and students excite you? If so, whew, do we have an opportunity for you!
Here at Top Hat, we’re looking for motivated and successful people to join our fast-growing team. Our Account Executives are responsible for selling Top Hat's unique SaaS platform to professors across North America, by using an engaging sales model to sell our entire suite of products. Our model allows for uncapped earning potential and rapid professional development. No matter where you want to take your sales career, we can help you get there
What you’ll do:
- You will own the full sales cycle, selling into Universities and Colleges across North America by understanding a professor’s perspective and helping them improve the classroom experience.
- You will drive revenue by selling Top Hat’s SaaS platform and applications directly to professors using a mixture of inside and outside sales.
- You will hunt for new business, book meetings and run virtual and/or on-campus demonstrations to close deals.
- You will work closely with members of our Inside Sales and Enterprise Sales teams to find the right approach in order to ensure a great customer experience for professors and to maximize revenue growth (for the company) and earning potential (for you).
Who you are:
- You are someone who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative and dynamic environment.
- You have 2-4 years of previous experience in sales.
- You have completed a bachelor's degree or have demonstrated equivalent experience.
- You have strong sales skills, are very organized, and are able to adapt to new processes.
- You are looking to work in a company that will support your career growth and personal development.
- You have experience using Salesforce.com or another CRM.
- You are highly motivated, smart, achievement-oriented and excited to join a team that is driving change in higher education.
What you can expect from us:
At Top Hat, we take the development of our employees very seriously. What you can expect when you join is to be enrolled in Revenue University, our very own four-week training program that will teach you everything you need to know about what makes our platform and our products great. This program will get you ready to go out there and connect with professors that would benefit from our platform and our products.
From there, as you begin to get comfortable in your role, you can expect to have weekly personal development meetings with your manager, where you can map out your career trajectory moving forward, develop an individualized learning & development plan, receive additional training, and get the insight of some incredibly successful salespeople (most of whom developed their skills and techniques in-house at Top Hat, just like you!).
Overall, our mission is to change the face of education, and to do it with a staff of incredibly focused and ambitious people, ready to take on any challenge headfirst and grow rapidly in their roles. You will help us get there by being the face of the organization, connecting with professors to understand their needs, and ultimately helping them make the classroom experience more fun and effective. Given the size of our organization, and the pace at which we keep growing, that means that the opportunities to grow with us here are limitless.
About Top Hat:
Top Hat’s interactive, cloud-based teaching platform enables professors to engage students inside and outside the classroom with compelling content, tools and activities. Millions of students at 700 leading North American colleges and universities use the Top Hat teaching platform. Headquartered in Toronto, Top Hat has been operating since 2009.
We have a vibrant culture of brilliant people who are innovators, thinkers, and creative geniuses. We believe in defying the status quo and we want smart people like you to join us.
The life of a Top Hatter also comes with other sweet perks too:
• Outstanding company culture, with a team that is super smart and motivated to be a part of a company that is changing the face of education.
• Conveniently located at Bloor and Avenue, near 3 TTC stations.
• We are one of the top education technology companies in North America (named Fastest 50 Growing Companies by Deloitte Consulting!)
• Our dress code is casual.
Top Hat welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.