Senior Manager, Strategic Finance
Toronto, Ontario /
Finance & Accounting – Finance /
Top Hat is the only digital courseware that enables active learning — a proven student-centred pedagogy that promotes deep understanding, critical thinking, and subject mastery. Providing educators with interactive course content, tools, assessment capabilities, and insights in a single, easy-to-use application.
Millions of students at 750 leading North American colleges and universities use Top Hat to teach and engage with students before, during, and after class, in both in-person and online education. Are you ready to help us change the future of higher ed?
Top Hat is looking to add a Senior Manager to join our Strategic Finance team! In this role, you will work in conjunction with the FP&A team to support the corporate strategic planning process, strategic initiatives management, business performance review, and external stakeholders’ requests.
- Conduct environment analysis to support corporate strategic planning, including but not limited to market landscape, industry trending, competitive intelligence, SWOT, etc.
- Own Top Hat's TAM (Total Addressable Market) and SAM (Service Addressable Market) analysis
- Partner with the Executive Leader Team to perform long-range forecasts and own 5-year three statements forecast models
- Assist function leaders to develop business plans with strategic advice, business analysis and financial analysis. Support corporate strategic planning, Quarterly Business Review (QBR), Board of Director Meetings and other executive leadership events
- Independently partner with business leaders to program manage strategic initiatives as assigned
- Support investor relationship management and analyst inquiries
- Assist M&A and investment initiatives
- An undergraduate degree with strong academic credentials; majoring in Economics, Business, and Finance is ideal. MBA or CFA is a plus!
- 5 years of FP&A or relevant finance experience, and experience working with executive leadership are preferred
- Previous experience with investment banking, venture capital and private equity is a bonus
- Strong analytical and excel skills, have a good understanding of SaaS metrics and business valuation techniques and am capable of conducting high-quality business analyses
- Strong communication skills; can synthesize perspectives into a well-laid-out thesis and can create compelling presentations
- Curiosity and critical thinking, you are a self-starter and a problem solver. You take initiative to diagnose an ambiguous problem, conduct relevant research and develop a creative solution
- Leadership capability in challenging the status quo and driving change
Why team members love working at Top Hat :
*A noble mission that creates meaningful, fulfilling work
*A team that cares deeply for customers and for each other
*We’re a company of invested owners - every Top Hatter receives stock options
*Professional learning and development for all role levels
*An awesome and welcoming Toronto HQ, and a growing sales hub in Austin, Texas
*Competitive health benefits that start on day one
*A management team focused on performance, growth, engagement and connection
*Our winning strategy and market potential
*Innovative PTO policy with lots of time and space for self-care
*Passionate customers that believe in us—and what we do