Product Marketing Manager (Maternity Leave)
Toronto, Ontario /
Marketing – Marketing /
We are looking for a creative and analytical thinker to join our dynamic marketing team, a product marketer with the ability to develop a deep understanding of our market and our products and translate that insight into impactful messaging, content and enablement materials.
While it is for a mat leave contract role, we are growing rapidly and strong performers will be considered for full time roles.
- Become the expert on our market. You’ll lead the execution of market research and glean nuanced market insights that will help inform our roadmaps and hone our messaging, pricing and more.
- Get to know our products inside out. You will deeply understand how Top Hat uniquely addresses customer needs, making it your main goal to express that value in compelling messaging and positioning for external and internal audiences.
- Learn the competitive landscape and products inside-out so that you can effectively position our products in the market.
- Arm customer-facing teams with the messaging, collateral and tools they need to increase demand and accelerate pipeline.
- Work directly with our most passionate and loyal customers to shine a marketing spotlight on their experiences with the Top Hat product.
- 4-6 years’ experience in management consulting, product marketing, brand management, market research or a related field. Experience in educational technology is a big plus.
- Experience working in marketing teams and can be a collaborator on campaign, website and collateral development.
- A strong communicator: you are an effective writer and presenter and can tailor your communication style and content to the audience.
- Forward-thinking: you have a constant pulse on the market and can effectively and proactively communicate so that Top Hat can capitalize on those trends.
- Strong analytical skills: you know how to research and develop a deep understanding of Top Hat market segments, their challenges and how our products uniquely address their needs.
- A dot-connector and a systems thinker: you can quickly take learnings from one project and use it to inform other team projects.
- Collaborative: you are at ease working with Product, Sales, Customer Success and Marketing stakeholders on a regular basis both to keep an ear to the ground and to position our products effectively.
- A unique combined skilled set of strategic thinking and tactical execution in order to design, build and implement various initiatives.
- An entrepreneurial mindset to help continue to build out the Product Marketing function at Top Hat, working independently as well as with stakeholders across the organization to quickly align and execute. Your motivation comes from within, not from above.
- Agile: you are flexible to re-prioritize on the fly without sacrificing utmost attention to detail.
- hungry to learn and contribute: you bring an “always learning” growth mindset to the Marketing team and to your work.
About Top Hat:
Top Hat’s interactive, cloud-based teaching platform enables professors to engage students inside and outside the classroom with compelling content, tools and activities. Millions of students at 700 leading North American colleges and universities use the Top Hat teaching platform. Headquartered in Toronto, Top Hat has been operating since 2009.
We have a vibrant culture of brilliant people who are innovators, thinkers, and creative geniuses. We believe in defying the status quo and we want smart people like you to join us.
The life of a Top Hatter also comes with other sweet perks too:
• Outstanding company culture, with a team that is super smart and motivated to be a part of a company that is changing the face of education.
• Conveniently located at Bloor and Avenue, near 3 TTC stations.
• We are one of the top education technology companies in North America (named Fastest 50 Growing Companies by Deloitte Consulting!)
• Our dress code is casual.
Top Hat welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.