Senior Data Scientist
Engineering & Product – Data Science
We're actively expanding our Data Science team to solve interesting and impactful data problems.
Our data scientists work closely with different teams to solve company-wide problems and make data-driven decisions. The ideal candidate not only has experience using a variety of modeling techniques, but also a desire to work closely with different teams to iterate across multiple models and see projects through from start to finish.
We firmly believe that success begins with our employees, and provide you with incredible freedom and responsibility in achieving your objectives.
If you're looking for challenging work in a fast-moving, collaborative environment, look no further. Join our team, and let's grow together!
Our work includes:
- Product classification using text- and image-based techniques
- Personalized product recommendations
- Evaluation of new and existing business tools
- Production-ready classification and regression models
- Data pipeline engineering
- Masters or Ph.D. in a quantitative field (e.g., Computer Science, Statistics, Physics) or equivalent work experience
- 2+ additional years of industry experience building, using, and evaluating data models
- Experience with AI, machine learning, natural language processing, and/or image classification
- Proficient understanding of statistics and model evaluation
- Experience with scientific computing languages (e.g., Python, R, Matlab, Scala, Julia)
- Experience with big data/computing tools (AWS, Spark, Map Reduce, etc.)
- Independent, self-motivated, resourceful, and a quick learner
The ideal candidate also demonstrates the following:
- A strong desire to build data products that beneficially impact the user experience
- An ability to formalize and solve loosely-defined problems with data
- An ability to gather data and clean/prepare it for pre- and post-processing
- Experience building user recommendation pipelines in production
Don't have Tophatter? Download it now: https://tophatter.com/sign_up
Check us out on The Muse to learn about our culture and cool work environment!
Like what you see? Subscribe to our channel and follow us!
Tophatter is re-imagining discovery commerce in a world increasingly connected by smartphones. We are the world's fastest, most entertaining marketplace for mobile shoppers.
We connect buyers and sellers around the world in real-time auctions that are both fast and effective. Leveraging our ever-expanding data for merchandising and personalization, nearly every item sells, and sells within an average of 90 seconds.
Tophatter is funded by leading Silicon Valley venture capital firms, including August Capital, Charles River Ventures, Sequoia Capital, and SV Angel. We are based in San Francisco with offices in Shanghai and Portland.
We are actively expanding our team. In exchange for your precious time and energy, we offer incredible freedom and responsibility. If you're looking for a challenge, look no further. Let's grow together.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Tophatter are considered the property of Tophatter and are not subject to payment of agency fees.