Supply & Merchandising – Sales
The Account Manager will be responsible for managing and working with sellers on Tophatter to grow their volume and sales performance. The ideal candidate will be proactive, fearless, and exceptional at building new relationships. If this sounds like you, read on and apply! This position is based in Shanghai, China.
- Achieve sales targets, key KPIs and strategic objectives set by the Head of Supply (China)
- Monitor progress and effectively use tools & reporting to forecast and measure seller performance
- Develop strong personal relationships with partners and identify areas for partner growth
- Assess seller feedback, make informed product feature recommendations to optimize sales
- Generate excitement, demand, and interest in Tophatter within the supplier community
- Minimum of 3-5 years Account Management or Relationship Management experience
- Capacity to think analytically, understanding quantitative reporting tools such as Excel and/or MySql
- Excellent verbal communication skills and strong attention to detail
- Outgoing, fearless personality w/ an entrepreneurial spirit
- Thrives in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Organized, with effective time management skills
- Must possess an excellent work ethic with a “get stuff done” attitude
- 4-year college degree (BA or BS required)
- Open to travel: face to face supplier meetings & tradeshows around China
- Work experience & successful relationship building in China
- English and Mandarin professional fluency (Cantonese a plus)
Nice to haves
- Previous work experience in a retail, e-commerce, or consumer-facing company
- Keeps up with industry trends in a variety of consumer goods categories - i.e. fashion, jewelry, crafting, electronics, health and beauty, fitness, and home decor
- Huge passion for online shopping
- You want to be a part of the next big e-commerce marketplace
- You want to help people grow their businesses
- You pride yourself on being organized, detail-oriented, and ambitious
- You love working, conversing, brainstorming, and creating with peers
- You thrive when it feels like the weight of the world is on your shoulders
- You’re not scared of chaos & change
- You’re okay with a small team and HUGE goals
- You’re constantly excited to try new things, iterate & learn
Don't have Tophatter? Download it now: https://tophatter.com/sign_up
Check us out on The Muse to learn about our culture and cool work environment!
Like what you see? Subscribe to our channel and follow us!
Tophatter is re-imagining discovery commerce in a world increasingly connected by smartphones. We are the world's fastest, most entertaining marketplace for mobile shoppers.
We connect buyers and sellers around the world in real-time auctions that are both fast and effective. Leveraging our ever-expanding data for merchandising and personalization, nearly every item sells, and sells within an average of 90 seconds.
Tophatter is funded by leading Silicon Valley venture capital firms, including August Capital, Charles River Ventures, Sequoia Capital, and SV Angel. We are based in Palo Alto, with offices in San Francisco and Shanghai.
We are actively expanding our team. In exchange for your precious time and energy, we offer incredible freedom and responsibility. If you're looking for a challenge, look no further. Let's grow together.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Tophatter are considered the property of Tophatter and are not subject to payment of agency fees.