Engineering & Product – Engineering
Our engineering team is growing rapidly - we're looking for engineering managers to help us scale.
For more details about our culture, teams, and growth, please review our interview process.
Our engineers value transparency, honesty, direct feedback, career development, and mentorship. They move fast, ship code continuously, and depend on their managers to help remove roadblocks and distractions quickly.
Our engineering managers have been individual contributors in the past and occasionally continue to contribute. We think it's great when managers continue to occasionally contribute code. At Tophatter, we're a small team so the opportunity for impact and growth is higher than you'd find at most companies.
- Maintain a balance between building sustainable, high-impact projects and shipping things quickly.
- Lead a team of talented engineers who like to ship code and tackle hard engineering problems.
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of your team members. Help develop their careers, and assign them to projects tailored to their skill levels, personalities, work styles, and professional goals.
- Build teams that are collaborative, inclusive, and respectful of each other.
- Provide continuous feedback, address underperformance, and recognize the individual strengths and contributions of your team members.
- Work closely with the Tophatter recruiting team to hire high-potential candidates from diverse backgrounds.
- Help your team build relationships across functions.
- You have a track record of leading productive engineering teams and guiding them through their career development.
- You’re technical enough to ask engineers good questions about architecture and product decisions.
- You attract great teammates.
- You’re clear and persuasive in writing and in person.
- You lead by example, by setting the right context, and by helping teammates do their best work.
- You enjoy working in a collaborative environment, and you’re committed to driving projects to completion creatively.
- You can motivate and instill a strong sense of ownership in your team.
- You have experience guiding teams through planning, prioritization, and execution of work.
We are the world's fastest, most entertaining marketplace for mobile shoppers.
We connect buyers and sellers around the world in realtime auctions that are both fast and effective. Leveraging our ever-expanding data for merchandising and personalization, nearly every item sells, and sells within an average of 90 seconds.
We are actively expanding our team. In exchange for your precious time and energy, we offer incredible freedom and responsibility. If you're looking for a challenge, look no further. Let's grow together.
Tophatter is funded by leading Silicon Valley venture capital firms, including Goodwater Capital, August Capital and CRV. We are based in San Francisco and Shanghai, China.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.