Lead iOS Engineer
Engineering & Product – Engineering
We are currently looking for a strong, experienced iOS Engineer to join our team as the lead. You will have the opportunity to work on all aspects of the product.
For more details about our culture, teams, and growth, please review our interview process.
- Lead a team of iOS engineers (currently 1 other engineer, will grow over time)
- Ensure that the app has solid usability and polish
- Make decisions about the overall app architecture, code format, language, etc.
- Ensure code quality though code reviews
- Write & test code that truly works—code that is extremely fast & scales well
- Focus on fast, iterative & agile development
- Ensure performance scalability, availability & security in everything you do
- Engage in the business goals as well as the technology
- A passion for iOS development
- An awareness of what is currently happening in the iOS ecosystem (new trends, APIs, language features, etc)
- 5+ years developing and releasing production iOS apps
- Deep proficiency in Objective-C / Swift and Xcode
- Competence with Git
- Comfortable working in a small, dynamic, and fast-paced team
- Resourceful, flexible & adaptable; no task is too big or too small
- Experience in an agile environment where iteration has led to perfection
- Past co-workers attest to your prowess & agility in building great products
Tophatter is re-imagining discovery commerce in a world increasingly connected by smartphones. We are the world's fastest, most entertaining marketplace for mobile shoppers.
We connect buyers and sellers around the world in real-time auctions that are both fast and effective. Leveraging our ever-expanding data for merchandising and personalization, nearly every item sells, and sells within an average of 90 seconds.
Tophatter is funded by leading Silicon Valley venture capital firms, including August Capital, Charles River Ventures, Sequoia Capital, and SV Angel. We are based in Palo Alto, with offices in San Francisco and Shanghai.
We are actively expanding our team. In exchange for your precious time and energy, we offer incredible freedom and responsibility. If you're looking for a challenge, look no further. Let's grow together.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Tophatter are considered the property of Tophatter and are not subject to payment of agency fees.