Software Development Engineer IV - Seller Engagement
Remote, India /
Engineering & Product – Engineering /
We're looking for a highly motivated, strong, experienced lead software engineer to join and lead our small and growing Seller Engagement team in India.
The Seller Engagement team's mission is to build, shape and scale the Tophatter platform for our sellers all over the world to enable them to they can sell anything, and build and control their business with sustainable economics. The team works in tandem with other teams globally, who're focused on the buyer side of the business.
We are a fully remote team, distributed all over the country (Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu and Uttar Pradesh).
For more details about our culture, teams, and growth, please review our interview process.
Required experience and skills
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science and Engineering. Bonus: Masters degree.
- 9+ years of total full-time work experience, preferably shipping SaaS applications.
- Startup experience strongly desired.
- Played a pivotal role in scaling a company and led teams in an agile environment where iteration has led to perfection.
- Proven track record of on time project deliveries with balanced calls on technical designs and tech debt.
- Expert proficiency in:
- 1. Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Mysql, Linux, Git, AWS, CI/CD, NewRelic.
- 2. broad range of internet technologies and applications.
- 3. interacting, building, and improving the performance of systems end-to-end.
- 4. architecting/designing complex systems
- Strong collaborator and thought partner to Product team.
- Driven by outcomes more than output.
- Have led projects with small, dynamic, and fast-paced teams (3-5 engineers), with great flexility and adaptability on large projects, delegating working effectively.
- Viewed by the team as their evangelist, role model and bar raiser. Past teams and co-workers attest to your prowess & agility in building great products, and driving sound technical decision making.
- Mentored engineers within and outside own team.
- High on EQ, humility, curiosity and self drive.
- We use a rubric / career ladder as a framework to help our engineers grow in their careers. Please refer to the SDE IV section in the rubric (click to view) to understand our expectations on your role and responsibilities.
- Your responsibilities include:
- Leading completion and delivery of multiple concurrent projects with clear deliverable timelines and milestones
- Providing key input and guidance in helping to solve our most difficult and challenging issues, and providing recommendations for preventing or mitigating the effects of the issues in the future
- Identifying inconsistencies caused by lack of best practices and patterns, and proactively collaborate with the team to gather input to define and rollout new best practices
- Mentoring other engineers on increasing their impact both within and outside of their team, including identifying opportunities for them to do so
- Participate in shaping longer term technical and architectural goals in consideration of product/company strategy, organizational growth, scalability, security, and other factors
Tophatter is re-imagining discovery commerce in a world increasingly connected by smartphones. We are the world's fastest, most entertaining marketplace for mobile shoppers.
We connect buyers and sellers around the world in real-time auctions that are both fast and effective. Leveraging our ever-expanding data for merchandising and personalization, nearly every item sells, and sells within an average of 90 seconds.
Tophatter is funded by leading Silicon Valley venture capital firms, including August Capital, Charles River Ventures, Sequoia Capital, and SV Angel. We have a distributed workforce and offices in Bangalore, Portland (OR), San Francisco, Shanghai, and Shenzhen.
We are actively expanding our team. In exchange for your precious time and energy, we offer incredible freedom and responsibility. If you're looking for a challenge, look no further. Let's grow together.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Tophatter are considered the property of Tophatter and are not subject to payment of agency fees.