Trust and Safety Manager
Customer Support – Seller Support
We are seeking a passionate Trust and Safety Manager. This is a challenging and rewarding position that encompasses all required duties in fraud detection and prevention including reviewing users, transactions, listings, escalated disputes and any issues that affect the safety of our online marketplace. You will have the opportunity to learn and grow with our diverse team while utilizing all kinds of tools and resources, and help the team build up the localized merchants trust & safety model and educate the policies to local sellers. The ideal candidate has superb judgment, excellent communication skills and a keen eye for details.
- Own seller verification process. Check and verify business certificates and materials sellers submitted and ask for additional supporting materials, if needed
- Review suspicious accounts, transactions and other high-risk events using internal and external tools to make decisions while uncovering patterns and trends
- Perform investigations of escalated user disputes and reports; contact and interview customers, victims and other stakeholders
- Research and analyze data to identify additional fraudulent and high-risk activity while developing recommendations to reduce false-positives and increase accuracy
- Work closely with the Product Team to ensure that product interventions designed to make Tophatter safer fully reflect buyers needs and create the best possible buyer experience
- Work closely with the team training and managing agents working trust and safety cases to ensure that we are providing quality support
- Work closely with the team working on the Help Center to develop content that will guide sellers to follow Tophatter's rules and policies
- Total ownership of the end to end resolution process including initial communication with impacted parties and comprehensive investigation documentation through written reports
- Build up the risk control module and workflow for local merchants and help team in US to better understand the route cause and practices of local merchants
- BA/BS or work equivalent required
- 3+ years of Customer Service, Trust and Safety, or Fraud Prevention experience. E-commerce fraud prevention experience preferred
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment, driving and embracing change
- You have superb written and verbal communication skills in both Mandarin and English
- You are data-sensitive and have experiences of using data analysis tools like Looker or Mode. You shall be able to use Excel proficiently
- You possess advanced problem-solving and investigative skills, with a knack for uncovering, addressing, and getting to the root of any issue
- You are a team player, with a positive mental attitude, high energy, high integrity, enthusiasm, sense of humor and a commitment to the mission
- Calm and empathetic - you are able to adapt to unique issues by personalizing responses and educating our community while remaining level headed in tough situations
- Passion for improving the user experience with a focus on trust & safety
Don't have Tophatter? Download it now: https://tophatter.com/sign_up
Check us out on The Muse to learn about our culture and cool work environment!
Like what you see? Subscribe to our channel and follow us!
Tophatter is re-imagining discovery commerce in a world increasingly connected by smartphones. We are the world's fastest, most entertaining marketplace for mobile shoppers.
We connect buyers and sellers around the world in real-time auctions that are both fast and effective. Leveraging our ever-expanding data for merchandising and personalization, nearly every item sells, and sells within an average of 90 seconds.
Tophatter is funded by leading Silicon Valley venture capital firms, including August Capital, Charles River Ventures, Sequoia Capital, and SV Angel. We are based in Palo Alto, with offices in San Francisco and Shanghai.
We are actively expanding our team. In exchange for your precious time and energy, we offer incredible freedom and responsibility. If you're looking for a challenge, look no further. Let's grow together.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Tophatter are considered the property of Tophatter and are not subject to payment of agency fees.