Senior Full Stack Engineer
Engineering & Product – Engineering
We are currently looking for experienced full stack Software Engineers to join our Product teams. Our Product teams consist of smaller groups focusing on key strategic initiatives. Teams are rotated on a quarterly basis so you have the opportunity to touch different parts of the code and product.
For more details about our culture, teams, and growth, please review our interview process.
- Build front end and backend components of an evolving real-time web application
- Work closely with our product managers to understand product needs
- Write & test code that truly works—code that is extremely fast & scales well
- Focus on fast, iterative & agile development
- Ensure performance scalability, availability & security in everything you do
- Contribute to platform-level technology, strategy & decisions
- Engage in the business goals as well as the technology
- BS, or equivalent work experience, in Computer Science, Math, or related technical field. Experiencing writing good software is a suitable replacement for a technical degree.
- An emphasis on shipping products on the web, rather than lower-level, systems or embedded systems
- Preference for generalists over specialists - ability to wear many hats
- Knowledge & skills in a broad range of internet technologies
- Deep proficiency interacting, building, and improving the performance of RESTful APIs
- Deep proficiency in a popular framework such as Rails, Django, or Node (we use Ruby on Rails)
- Deep proficiency in a programming language such as Python, Ruby, Java, or C (we use primarily Ruby)
- Competence with Linux and Git
- Comfortable working in a small, dynamic, and fast-paced team
- Resourceful, flexible & adaptable; no task is too big or too small
- Experience in an agile environment where iteration has led to perfection
- Past co-workers attest to your prowess & agility in building great products
We are the world's fastest, most entertaining marketplace for mobile shoppers.
We connect buyers and sellers around the world in realtime auctions that are both fast and effective. Leveraging our ever-expanding data for merchandising and personalization, nearly every item sells, and sells within an average of 90 seconds.
We are actively expanding our team. In exchange for your precious time and energy, we offer incredible freedom and responsibility. If you're looking for a challenge, look no further. Let's grow together.
Tophatter is funded by leading Silicon Valley venture capital firms, including Goodwater Capital, August Capital and CRV. We are based in San Francisco and Shanghai, China.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.