Financial Process Improvement Manager
San Francisco / Remote, United States /
Finance – Accounting /
The Financial Process Improvement (FPI), Manager will manage a set of activities to ensure data validation & accuracy, compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, and corporate initiatives.
The FPI Manager will report to and work closely with the Controller and others in the organization in analysis and reconciliation of accounts and in development and implementation of accounting policies, procedures and controls.
The ideal candidate possesses leadership capabilities, solid operational and technical accounting background and works proactively to drive results and change. This person is a self-starter, flexible, has a high level of integrity and is action and goal-oriented in a fast-paced, team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Participate in the ongoing development/establishment of accounting policies and procedures and operational strategies including the review and implementation of process and system changes.
- Continued focus on improving system efficiencies and business practices
- Responsible for hierarchy and scalability in chart of accounts and accuracy in the general ledger and financial statements and has ultimate authority over classification and booking of all transactions
- Analyze the effect of accounting practices and guidance to ensure correct application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Make recommendations for changes as needed and ensure that company policies and procedures are followed and establishes the proper techniques to discover and prevent errors
- Collaborate with external auditor to ensure successful audit results
- Interacts at all levels to produce timely, efficient and accurate month-end close and all internal management and financial reporting through annual report
- Actively review and advise on financial/accounting processes
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or other related field and 7 or more years of progressively responsible, relevant experience.
- CPA license (active or inactive) who has worked within a top accounting firm, preferred
- eCommerce industry experience with high volume transactions and understanding of PayPal and Braintree data flows, preferred
- Strong proficiency in Excel/Google Sheets and software applications (i.e. Intacct, Bill.com, Notion, and Expensify). SQL and/or Looker knowledge is a plus
Tophatter is re-imagining discovery commerce in a world increasingly connected by smartphones. We are the world's fastest, most entertaining marketplace for mobile shoppers.
We connect buyers and sellers around the world in real-time auctions that are both fast and effective. Leveraging our ever-expanding data for merchandising and personalization, nearly every item sells, and sells within an average of 90 seconds.
Tophatter is funded by leading Silicon Valley venture capital firms, including August Capital, Charles River Ventures, Sequoia Capital, and SV Angel. We have a distributed workforce and offices in Bangalore, Portland (OR), San Francisco, Shanghai, and Shenzhen.
We are actively expanding our team. In exchange for your precious time and energy, we offer incredible freedom and responsibility. If you're looking for a challenge, look no further. Let's grow together.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Tophatter are considered the property of Tophatter and are not subject to payment of agency fees.