Finance – Accounting
We are looking for an experienced and energetic Controller to partner with the CFO to build a high quality, scalable and efficient finance department to support the growth of the business. You view yourself as an “operational-focused Controller” and not as a “beancounter”. You will oversee a finance team responsible for the entire internal accounting function including external reporting. This role presents a great opportunity for impactful cross-functional relationships to make significant contributions beyond the typical finance function. As a company focused on growth, new challenges and opportunities to contribute will be frequent.
- Managing a team responsible for all accounting, payables, receivables, payment processing reconciliations, sales metrics, payroll, sales tax, internal/external financial reports, etc. We have a high volume environment with tens of thousands of daily transactions, so an attention to detail is critical
- Design, implement and maintain accounting and administrative policies and procedures for a wide-ranging set of activities. These need to be simple, easy to use, and scalable to support our growth
- Frequent interaction with other business leaders to add value and context to all budgeting, financial analysis, cash forecasts, and variance analysis
- Operating functions including facilities, employee benefits, payroll, admin, insurance
- Accurate and timely financial and operating reports (internal, external, and for the Board)
- Maintain the cap table and manage stock options
- Maintain data room with all relevant corporate documents to facilitate audits and due diligence in connection with future financings and acquisitions
- Manage banking, insurance relationships and audits
- Corporate governance and tax compliance (USA and foreign)
- CPA with 3-5 years of Controller experience
- Financial management experience in a pre-IPO and/or Public company is a plus
- A passion for getting things done, and being part of a team who is laser-focused on growth and success
- Previous venture-funded start-up company experience very helpful, especially in a high-growth environment
- Believe and implement continual process improvement
- Be ready to jump in to handle fires. But, more importantly, to foresee where fires are likely to occur, so you can take preventive action before the fire ignites
- Detail oriented, but can see both the forest and the trees. Tactical and strategic. Innovative
- You’re known for your work ethic
- Tight deadlines bring out the best in you
- Exceptionally organized and have a “how can I help” attitude
Don't have Tophatter? Download it now: https://tophatter.com/sign_up
Check us out on The Muse to learn about our culture and cool work environment!
Like what you see? Subscribe to our channel and follow us!
Tophatter is re-imagining discovery commerce in a world increasingly connected by smartphones. We are the world's fastest, most entertaining marketplace for mobile shoppers.
We connect buyers and sellers around the world in real-time auctions that are both fast and effective. Leveraging our ever-expanding data for merchandising and personalization, nearly every item sells, and sells within an average of 90 seconds.
Tophatter is funded by leading Silicon Valley venture capital firms, including August Capital, Charles River Ventures, Sequoia Capital, and SV Angel. We are based in Palo Alto, with offices in San Francisco and Shanghai.
We are actively expanding our team. In exchange for your precious time and energy, we offer incredible freedom and responsibility. If you're looking for a challenge, look no further. Let's grow together.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Tophatter are considered the property of Tophatter and are not subject to payment of agency fees.