Lead Android Engineer
Engineering & Product – Engineering
We are currently looking for a strong, experienced Android Engineer to join our team as the lead. You will have the opportunity to work on all aspects of the product.
For more details about our culture, teams, and growth, please review our interview process.
- Lead a team of Android engineers (currently 1 other engineer, soon to be 2)
- Ensure that the app has solid usability and polish
- Make decisions about the overall app architecture, code format, language, etc.
- Ensure code quality though code reviews
- Write & test code that truly works—code that is extremely fast & scales well
- Focus on fast, iterative & agile development
- Ensure performance scalability, availability & security in everything you do
- Engage in the business goals as well as the technology
- A passion for Android development
- An awareness of what is currently happening in the Android ecosystem (new trends, APIs, language features, etc)
- BS, or equivalent work experience, in Computer Science, Math, or related technical field
- 4+ years developing and releasing production Android apps
- Deep proficiency in Java and Android Studio
- Comfort in reading / writing Kotlin
- Competence with Git
- Comfortable working in a small, dynamic, and fast-paced team
- Resourceful, flexible & adaptable; no task is too big or too small
- Experience in an agile environment where iteration has led to perfection
- Past co-workers attest to your prowess & agility in building great products
We are the world's fastest, most entertaining marketplace for mobile shoppers.
We connect buyers and sellers around the world in realtime auctions that are both fast and effective. Leveraging our ever-expanding data for merchandising and personalization, nearly every item sells, and sells within an average of 90 seconds.
We are actively expanding our team. In exchange for your precious time and energy, we offer incredible freedom and responsibility. If you're looking for a challenge, look no further. Let's grow together.
Tophatter is funded by leading Silicon Valley venture capital firms, including Goodwater Capital, August Capital and CRV. We are based in San Francisco and Shanghai, China.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.