Senior Infrastructure / DevOps Engineer
Engineering & Product – Engineering
We are currently looking for a strong, experienced infrastructure/devops engineer to join our team. You will have the opportunity to work on all aspects of the platform. We're primarily AWS, using EC2, S3, EMR, IAM, Redshift, RDS Aurora, and Kinesis.
For more details about our culture, teams, and growth, please review our interview process.
- Work on all aspects of our platform to make it more reliable, scalable and secure
- Relentlessly automate all aspects of our infrastructure
- Help guide the transition to an Infrastructure as Code philosophy
- Focus on fast, iterative & agile development
- Ensure performance, scalability, availability & security in everything you do
- Contribute to platform-level technology, strategy & decisions
- Engage in the business goals as well as the technology
- BS, or equivalent work experience, in Computer Science, Math, or related technical field (experience writing good software is a suitable replacement for a technical degree)
- Deep operational experience with Linux/Unix, networking and security
- Deep familiarity with AWS and its services
- Proficient with configuration management tools (Chef, Ansible, etc), Docker, Git
- Comfortable working in a small, dynamic, and fast-paced team
- Resourceful, flexible & adaptable; no task is too big or too small
- Experience in an agile environment where iteration has led to perfection
- Past co-workers attest to your prowess & agility in delivering results
- Experience with Ruby/Rails, MySQL, container orchestration tools, and immutable infrastructure practices is a plus
We are the world's fastest, most entertaining marketplace for mobile shoppers.
We connect buyers and sellers around the world in realtime auctions that are both fast and effective. Leveraging our ever-expanding data for merchandising and personalization, nearly every item sells, and sells within an average of 90 seconds.
We are actively expanding our team. In exchange for your precious time and energy, we offer incredible freedom and responsibility. If you're looking for a challenge, look no further. Let's grow together.
Tophatter is funded by leading Silicon Valley venture capital firms, including Goodwater Capital, August Capital and CRV. We are based in San Francisco and Shanghai, China.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.