Marketing Manager, Retention & Lifecycle
San Francisco / Remote, United States /
Marketing & Growth – Marketing /
We are looking for a digital marketer with a unique background in customer lifecycle management and retention optimization to join our team. In this role, you'll be working directly with our Senior Marketing Manager to test and develop new retention & growth strategies.. Specifically, the marketing manager of retention & lifecycle will be responsible for understanding the user journey from signup to purchase, and will lead our strategy into how we maximize our relationship with the user— as well as how we communicate via email, push, SMS, and other app-based notifications.
Responsible for creating, setting, and building our customer lifecycle marketing strategy, and execution. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about understanding their audience and the conversion process and is comfortable analyzing data to find what works. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to managing of the customer lifecycle during various stages and projects , identifying and optimizing touchpoints in order to decrease customer payback period and increase LTV via repeat purchases/retention, managing triggered transaction series, credit/discount strategies, building out of a formalized loyalty program, customer journey building, and additional retention programs that will nurture our relationship with both potential and current Tophatter customers.
Each day at Tophatter is different with new opportunities to realize, problems to solve and tasks to tackle, but here is an idea of some of the things you will work on:
- Build out existing retention framework and optimize customer lifecycle strategy and segmentation and personalization modeling for needle moving CRM campaigns and customer communications.
- Management of cohort development and analysis to build thorough retention strategies, developing promotional programs to drive return users and decrease payback period.
- Manage and execute weekly retention tactics to increase customer LTV by driving engagement, retention, and purchasing frequency via communications that reflect Tophatter’s brand value proposition, visual equity, and voice.
- Identify opportunities to leverage consumer data across app and web experiences to both increase upsell capabilities and identify cross selling opportunities.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to manage the growth and maintenance of our prospects/customer database, including new programs designed to increase device and email capture and nurturing.
- Analyze retention campaign data to determine what is working and not working; Run A/B tests to vet champion/challenger hypotheses to deliver campaign performance improvement.
- Work with the cross-functional team to vet technologies (e.g., Braze, SendGrid etc) and capabilities to expand customer personalization and dynamic content capabilities.
- Develop and expand our top customer loyalty program to be a primary lever of LTV
- Partner closely with product teams to support product squad initiatives and improve user experience to improve retention rates.
- Build out new channels for retention, such as SMS.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years of hand-on experience in retention and lifecycle marketing across email and app channels.
- Experience in an app-based eCommerce business is preferred.
- Knowledge of platforms for segmentation, email/app automation and campaign management (e.g., Braze, Sendgrid, or similar).
- Working knowledge of HTML/Email coding. Experience building customer journey CRM series and triggered alerts.
- Understanding of email and app marketing industry best practices, deliverability, CAN-SPAM legislation and marketing success metrics.
- A successful track record in partnering with technical analytics, product and engineering teams to develop new programs and features.
- Organization and attention to detail including copy/editorial to ensure that our communications utilize correct grammar and spelling and are free of typos and other errors.
- Working knowledge of SQL is preferred
Tophatter is re-imagining discovery commerce in a world increasingly connected by smartphones. We are the world's fastest, most entertaining marketplace for mobile shoppers.
We connect buyers and sellers around the world in real-time auctions that are both fast and effective. Leveraging our ever-expanding data for merchandising and personalization, nearly every item sells, and sells within an average of 90 seconds.
Tophatter is funded by leading Silicon Valley venture capital firms, including August Capital, Charles River Ventures, Sequoia Capital, and SV Angel. We have a distributed workforce and offices in Bangalore, Portland (OR), San Francisco, Shanghai, and Shenzhen.
We are actively expanding our team. In exchange for your precious time and energy, we offer incredible freedom and responsibility. If you're looking for a challenge, look no further. Let's grow together.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Tophatter are considered the property of Tophatter and are not subject to payment of agency fees.