Supply & Merchandising – Sales
This role will focus on owning and cultivating growth of our key seller accounts. The role is within the Supply organization, reporting to the Head of Account Management.
- Own relationship with existing Sellers in each category
- Renew terms, grow sales, and pitch up-sell opportunities
- Hit and exceed key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Increase the value of our key Sellers through analysis and consultation discussions resulting in informed recommendations
- Introduce Sellers to new features to improve their sales potential, and, of course, ensure their overall satisfaction on Tophatter.
- Gather feedback from Sellers and disseminate cross-functionally to optimize the customer experience
- Act as the day-to-day and emergency contact for key Sellers
- Work closely with the Head of Sales, Business Development, and the Seller Onboarding team.
- Ideal candidate will come from a sales organization within the e-commerce industry
- General knowledge of online retail, specifically marketplace
- 1-3 years of experience within a sales organization
- 1 year of experience in a client-facing role such as inbound sales or account management
- Capacity to think analytically, specifically understanding quantitative reporting tools such as Excel and/or MySql
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, a good sense of humor is a plus
- Must possess an excellent work ethic with a “get stuff done” attitude.
- Comfortable conversing via email/phone with potential for in-person meetings and various travel to client facilities, trade shows, etc.
- Strong troubleshooting and dispute resolution skills
- Strong ability to stay focused and prioritize tasks in a fast paced environment
- Financially driven and ambitious, motivated to meet and exceed sales goals
- Organized, with effective time management skills
- Experience working with CRM software, such as Salesforce or SugarCRM
- 4 year college degree (BA or BS) required
Don't have Tophatter? Download it now: https://tophatter.com/sign_up
Check us out on The Muse to learn about our culture and cool work environment!
Like what you see? Subscribe to our channel and follow us!
Tophatter is re-imagining discovery commerce in a world increasingly connected by smartphones. We are the world's fastest, most entertaining marketplace for mobile shoppers.
We connect buyers and sellers around the world in real-time auctions that are both fast and effective. Leveraging our ever-expanding data for merchandising and personalization, nearly every item sells, and sells within an average of 90 seconds.
Tophatter is funded by leading Silicon Valley venture capital firms, including August Capital, Charles River Ventures, Sequoia Capital, and SV Angel. We are based in Palo Alto, with offices in San Francisco and Shanghai.
We are actively expanding our team. In exchange for your precious time and energy, we offer incredible freedom and responsibility. If you're looking for a challenge, look no further. Let's grow together.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Tophatter are considered the property of Tophatter and are not subject to payment of agency fees.