Logistics Project Associate
Engineering & Product – Product /
Function as a project product management professional applying technical expertise and project management best practices to help ensure projects and teams meet their goals/objectives.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Project Management to:
- Support the Program and Product Lead in monitoring the entire life of the program/projects and must be familiar with project objectives and scope to coordinate the administrative activities of the project effectively.
- Focus on centralizing all product-related requests from all fronts of head office and put them into a well-written business requirement documents and align with US product managers to realize the product features.
- Support Program Management lead in all aspects of status/progress, financial reporting and supports the facilitation of Consultancy/ IT Services approvals for aligned portfolio
- Set up detailed workflow/activity/milestone planning in project management tool and keep track of status updates and frequent report out
- Support Program Finance lead with cost tracking (Baseline & Actuals)
- Collect and maintain project data specific to scope, schedule, cost, resources, quality, and risk.
- Maintain the project documentation, perform analysis, generate project reports, prepare meeting documentation, and maintain the project meeting schedule.
- Map out best practices regionally and translate these as opportunities globally
- Analyze the data as required to generate project documentation or reports for the program lead/workstream leads
- Support the development of performance status/best practice/operational performance dashboards that encompass key metrics to be reviewed with senior stakeholders
- Communicate externally and internally to make sure the project is on the right track
- Operationalize different initiatives
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
- Monitors project scope, schedule, costs, resources, quality, and risk to ensure project activities/tasks are occurring as planned and any variances are identified
- Captures risks and issues on projects and works with project leads/workstream leads to develop risk management and issues management plans and select and implement the most appropriate solution. Monitors matter and risk resolution
- Documents changes to the project scope, schedule, quality, and costs to keep the project plan accurate, updated, reflective of authorized project changes
- Assist project/program manager in any project management activities as required
- Facilitates meetings - use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to guide participants toward a meeting's objectives; modifies behavior according to tasks and individuals present.
- Be creative in applying tools/methodologies for most effective project management and execution
- Possesses analytical skills and problem solving skills to manage multiple factors simultaneously
- Demonstrates business knowledge/understanding to manage and meet stakeholders' needs
The accomplished individual will possess skills in:
- Coding experience in Java/Python
- Project Management sense
- Logistics/ Fulfillment / Operations experience
- Finance Reporting
- Vendor Management
- Communications with US and India
- Project Management / communication tools
An outstanding professional will have:
- Project management experience and execution-focused
- Technical background with at least 1+ years product design or coding experience
- Coding experience in Java, Python, etc.
- Restful API design and implementation
- Fluent English and coordination skills can communicate with US and India Engineers smoothly
- Experience managing one or more cross-functional projects of medium to high complexity.
- Quick learning ability and good eye for detail
- Good numerical ability and logical thinking
- E-commerce or cross border business understandings
- Ability to summarize and present information in a concise and clear fashion
- Good analysis & reporting skills
- Ability to work under pressure, flexibility and positive attitude to challenges
Tophatter is re-imagining discovery commerce in a world increasingly connected by smartphones. We are the world's fastest, most entertaining marketplace for mobile shoppers.
We connect buyers and sellers around the world in real-time auctions that are both fast and effective. Leveraging our ever-expanding data for merchandising and personalization, nearly every item sells, and sells within an average of 90 seconds.
Tophatter is funded by leading Silicon Valley venture capital firms, including August Capital, Charles River Ventures, Sequoia Capital, and SV Angel. We have a distributed workforce and offices in Bangalore, Portland (OR), San Francisco, Shanghai, and Shenzhen.
We are actively expanding our team. In exchange for your precious time and energy, we offer incredible freedom and responsibility. If you're looking for a challenge, look no further. Let's grow together.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Tophatter are considered the property of Tophatter and are not subject to payment of agency fees.