Business Development Manager
Supply & Merchandising – Sales
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for onboarding new sellers on Tophatter and working with sellers to grow their volume and sales performance. The ideal candidate will be proactive, fearless, and exceptional at building new relationships. If this sounds like you, read on and apply! This position is based in Shenzhen, China. This is a remote position with flexibility to work from home.
- Achieve sales targets and strategic objectives set by the Head of Supply, China
- Manage outbound seller outreach, regional CRM and onboarding
- Own new seller growth and manage account performance
- Monitor progress and effectively use tools & reporting to forecast performance potential
- Develop strong personal relationships with sellers and identify areas for seller growth
- Generate excitement, demand, and interest in Tophatter within the supplier community
- Minimum of 3-5 years Sales or Business Development experience
- Excellent verbal communication skills and strong attention to detail
- Outgoing, fearless personality w/ an entrepreneurial spirit
- Thrives in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Operates effectively in a self-starter environment
- Open to travel: face to face supplier meetings & tradeshows around China
- Work experience & successful relationship building in China
- 4 year college degree (BA or BS required)
- English and Mandarin professional fluency (Cantonese a plus)
Nice to haves
- Previous work experience in a retail, e-commerce, or consumer-facing company
- Keeps up with industry trends in a variety of consumer goods categories - i.e. fashion, jewelry, crafting, electronics, health and beauty, fitness, and home decor
- Huge passion for online shopping
- You want to be a part of the next big e-commerce marketplace
- You want to help people grow their businesses
- You pride yourself on being organized, detail-oriented, and ambitious
- You love working, conversing, brainstorming, and creating with peers
- You thrive when it feels like the weight of the world is on your shoulders
- You’re not scared of chaos & change
- You’re okay with a small team and HUGE goals
- You’re constantly excited to try new things, iterate & learn
We are the world's fastest, most entertaining marketplace for mobile shoppers.
We connect buyers and sellers around the world in realtime auctions that are both fast and effective. Leveraging our ever-expanding data for merchandising and personalization, nearly every item sells, and sells within an average of 90 seconds.
We are actively expanding our team. In exchange for your precious time and energy, we offer incredible freedom and responsibility. If you're looking for a challenge, look no further. Let's grow together.
Tophatter is funded by leading Silicon Valley venture capital firms, including Goodwater Capital, August Capital and CRV. We are based in San Francisco and Shanghai, China.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.