E-commerce Category Specialist
Supply & Merchandising – Sales
We are in search of an E-commerce Category Specialist to join our team and assist us in expanding our world-class Supply & Merchandising function. Reporting to the Head of Account Management, this role will focus on developing and implementing merchandising tactics--a critical component to improving seller and the customer experiences.
- Identify and implement site merchandising tactics to meet category goals. Strategies and tactics include, but not limited to, catalog creation, navigation strategy, product placement & content
- Review data (GTV, Rev, Demand signals) to determine and implement site merchandising actions to drive business KPIs
- Work with Account Management and BD to fill in inventory gaps, curate category assortments. Generate reports ( sales, demand, engagement indicators, gaps ) to provide recommendations on product assortment
- Work with product team for the best possible shopping experience for customers through site navigation, product placement, search
- Manage internal site search keywords to reduce “no search” results
- Create campaigns around key retail moments
- Collaborate with Marketing & growth to develop site experiences and merchandise landing pages for email campaigns, execute seasonal strategies, and develop site experiences to drive business goals
- Perform all other assigned duties as required by the business
- 3+ years relevant experience in e-commerce retail, product management, merchandising required
- Passion for merchandising
- Analytical orientation
- Strong multi-tasking and project management skills
- Desire to roll-up sleeves and work tactically
- Strong technical aptitude with web-based tools
- Excellent data skills (Looker, SQL)
- Exceptional interpersonal, motivational, and communication skills
Don't have Tophatter? Download it now: https://tophatter.com/sign_up
Check us out on The Muse to learn about our culture and cool work environment!
Like what you see? Subscribe to our channel and follow us!
Tophatter is re-imagining discovery commerce in a world increasingly connected by smartphones. We are the world's fastest, most entertaining marketplace for mobile shoppers.
We connect buyers and sellers around the world in real-time auctions that are both fast and effective. Leveraging our ever-expanding data for merchandising and personalization, nearly every item sells, and sells within an average of 90 seconds.
Tophatter is funded by leading Silicon Valley venture capital firms, including August Capital, Charles River Ventures, Sequoia Capital, and SV Angel. We are based in Palo Alto, with offices in San Francisco and Shanghai.
We are actively expanding our team. In exchange for your precious time and energy, we offer incredible freedom and responsibility. If you're looking for a challenge, look no further. Let's grow together.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Tophatter are considered the property of Tophatter and are not subject to payment of agency fees.