Software Development Engineer III - Seller Engagement
Remote, India /
Engineering & Product – Engineering /
We're looking for a highly motivated, strong, experienced senior software engineer to join and lead our small and growing Seller Engagement team in India.
The Seller Engagement team's mission is to build, shape and scale the Tophatter platform for our sellers all over the world to enable them to they can sell anything, and build and control their business with sustainable economics. The team works in tandem with other teams globally, who're focused on the buyer side of the business.
We are a fully distributed team, all over the country (current team members are in Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu).
For more details about our culture, teams, and growth, please review our interview process.
Required experience and skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and Engineering. Bonus: Masters degree.
- 6+ years of total full-time work experience, preferably shipping SaaS applications.
- Startup experience strongly desired.
- Proven track record of on time project deliveries with balanced calls on technical designs and tech debt.
- Expert proficiency in:
- 1. Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Mysql, Linux, Git, AWS, CI/CD, NewRelic.
- 2. broad range of internet technologies and applications.
- 3. interacting, building, and improving the performance of systems end-to-end.
- 4. architecting/designing complex systems
- Effective collaborator and thought partner to the Product team.
- Driven by outcomes more than output.
- Mentored engineers within their own team.
- High on EQ, humility, curiosity and self drive.
- We use a rubric / career ladder as a framework to help our engineers grow in their careers. Please refer to the SDE III section in the rubric (click to view) to understand our expectations on your role and responsibilities.
- Your responsibilities include:
- Completing highly complex projects containing fair amount of ambiguity with little or no oversight
- Providing guidance/oversight to other engineers, helping them to develop good judgement on solving technical problems
- Removing most blockers individually and proactively escalate or seek assistance to become unblocked quickly
- Partner effectively with product and business stakeholders to help ensure we're utilising our resources in the most impactful way for the business
Tophatter is re-imagining discovery commerce in a world increasingly connected by smartphones. We are the world's fastest, most entertaining marketplace for mobile shoppers.
We connect buyers and sellers around the world in real-time auctions that are both fast and effective. Leveraging our ever-expanding data for merchandising and personalization, nearly every item sells, and sells within an average of 90 seconds.
Tophatter is funded by leading Silicon Valley venture capital firms, including August Capital, Charles River Ventures, Sequoia Capital, and SV Angel. We have a distributed workforce and offices in Bangalore, Portland (OR), San Francisco, Shanghai, and Shenzhen.
We are actively expanding our team. In exchange for your precious time and energy, we offer incredible freedom and responsibility. If you're looking for a challenge, look no further. Let's grow together.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Tophatter are considered the property of Tophatter and are not subject to payment of agency fees.