Senior Business Analyst
San Francisco / Remote, United States /
G&A – Business Operations /
We are seeking a talented and energetic analyst with significant experience in e-commerce to join the Analytics team at Tophatter. Work closely with all teams, from user acquisition to product development to marketing to supply, to identify key metrics and provide insights into key trends.
The ideal candidate is intellectually curious with a strong technical and analytical background, and is driven by extracting actionable insights from data and working with multiple stakeholders to focus their efforts on key business levers.
The ideal candidate also has owned a business area and been responsible for setting strategic goals, executing towards those goals, and adjusting tactics on the fly as conditions change and new information presents itself.
As a member of the Analytics team, you will work with all teams to understand their business and support them in achieving their goals. You will also be responsible for executing one or more strategic initiatives with respective business leaders.
This is a great opportunity to apply your analytics, business and product skills while having a substantial impact at a fast growing company.
- Provide strategic business analysis services to all teams. Work with teams to understand their strategy, processes, key levers, define metrics and gather appropriate data, develop actionable insights, and effectively communicate those to the team to help them execute and achieve their goals
- Responsible for maintaining a deep awareness of how the business works and help stakeholders more effectively execute on their initiatives
- Develop and maintain high quality reports and dashboards that track key business metrics and highlight key trends and convey a strong narrative allowing teams to gain insights into their business areas
- Building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders and communicating insights and recommendations to the broader team
- Conduct regular and ad-hoc analyses for operations (user acquisition, supply, product development, finance), delivering insights in addition to queries/reports/dashboards
- Monitor daily trends and alert stakeholders when required and suggest solutions/changes when appropriate
- BS degree in Business, Accounting, IT, Data Science or any related field
- 4+ years of experience in a similar role (ideally in e-commerce)
- Ability to define a business problem, retrieve the required information, analyze the data, and synthesize a compelling argument by building a clear narrative, filtering out noise
- Ability to build clear reports/dashboards that clearly highlight key metrics and communicate a clear narrative
- Advanced skills in SQL (window functions, query optimization)
- Python skills strongly preferred
- Advanced skills in Excel/Google Sheets (including building models aimed at non-technical users)
- Proficiency with statistics and dataset analytics
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, including presenting insights and data on complicated subjects to multiple stakeholders
- Experience with Mode/Looker/Tableau or similar
Tophatter is re-imagining discovery commerce in a world increasingly connected by smartphones. We are the world's fastest, most entertaining marketplace for mobile shoppers.
We connect buyers and sellers around the world in real-time auctions that are both fast and effective. Leveraging our ever-expanding data for merchandising and personalization, nearly every item sells, and sells within an average of 90 seconds.
Tophatter is funded by leading Silicon Valley venture capital firms, including August Capital, Charles River Ventures, Sequoia Capital, and SV Angel. We are based in San Francisco with offices in Shanghai and Portland.
We are actively expanding our team. In exchange for your precious time and energy, we offer incredible freedom and responsibility. If you're looking for a challenge, look no further. Let's grow together.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Tophatter are considered the property of Tophatter and are not subject to payment of agency fees.