Marketing Manager, Retention & Lifecycle
Remote US / Canada /
Marketing & Growth – Marketing /
We are looking for a data-driven marketer with experience in notifications and retention to join our team. In this role, you'll be working directly with our Senior Marketing Manager to test and develop new retention and growth strategies. This person will be responsible for understanding the user journey from signup to purchase, and will lead our strategy into how we maximize our relationship with the user via email, push, SMS, in-app messages, and more. We want someone who is passionate about understanding our audience and the conversion process, and is comfortable analyzing data to find what works.
- Manage the customer lifecycle journey, seasonal projects & events
- Identify and optimize touchpoints in order to decrease customer payback period and increase LTV
- Manage triggered transaction series and credit/discount strategies
- Build out of a formalized loyalty program, customer journey building, and more.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of hand-on experience in retention and lifecycle marketing across email and app channels.
- Knowledge of platforms for segmentation, email/app automation and campaign management (e.g., Braze, Sendgrid, or similar).
- Strong HTML skills. Experience building customer journey CRM series and triggered alerts.
- Understanding of email and app marketing industry best practices, deliverability, CAN-SPAM legislation and marketing success metrics.
- A successful track record in partnering with technical analytics, product and engineering teams to develop new programs and features.
- Organization and attention to detail including copy/editorial to ensure that our communications utilize correct grammar and spelling and are free of typos and other errors.
- Working knowledge of SQL is preferred
Tophatter is re-imagining discovery commerce in a world increasingly connected by smartphones. We are the world's fastest, most entertaining marketplace for mobile shoppers.
We connect buyers and sellers around the world in real-time auctions that are both fast and effective. Leveraging our ever-expanding data for merchandising and personalization, nearly every item sells, and sells within an average of 90 seconds.
Tophatter is funded by leading Silicon Valley venture capital firms, including August Capital, Charles River Ventures, Sequoia Capital, and SV Angel. We have a distributed workforce and offices in Bangalore, Portland (OR), San Francisco, Shanghai, and Shenzhen.
We are actively expanding our team. In exchange for your precious time and energy, we offer incredible freedom and responsibility. If you're looking for a challenge, look no further. Let's grow together.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Tophatter are considered the property of Tophatter and are not subject to payment of agency fees.