Full Stack Engineer (Intern)
Engineering & Product – Engineering
Get ready to contribute in a meaningful way now and have the opportunity to join Tophatter as a regular, full time employee at the end of your internship. This is an Engineering Internship role that requires you to practice good judgement, discretion and the ability to manage your day to day work independently, while receiving meaningful mentorship and gaining experience working in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
This role will give you the opportunity to learn all about the business and engineering practices at Tophatter, while proving yourself to earn the responsibilities of a full-time engineer.
- Build front-end and backend components of an evolving real-time web application
- Work closely with our product managers to understand evolving product needs
- Write & test code that is elegant and scales well
- Stretch your engineering muscles working in a fast, iterative and agile environment
- Ensure performance, scalability, availability & security in all you do
- Contribute to platform-level technology and strategy
- Work across various technologies learning broad skills in both front-end and back-end technologies
- Gain deep proficiency in popular frameworks such as Ruby on Rails, React, and React Native
- Possess strong coding skills that you are ready to turn into industry ready coding skills.
- Pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science.
- Excited to learn new languages and technologies.
- Willing to dive in and learn by doing.
- Ready to work with others to solve hard problems.
- Possess a startup personality: smart, ethical, friendly, hard-working and proactive (no exceptions).
- At this time, we are primarily considering candidates who have had a previous engineering internship.
This is a temporary, full-time salaried role that will last between 8-16 weeks, at the end of which you may be offered a regular, full-time role.
Tophatter is re-imagining discovery commerce in a world increasingly connected by smartphones. We are the world's fastest, most entertaining marketplace for mobile shoppers.
We connect buyers and sellers around the world in real-time auctions that are both fast and effective. Leveraging our ever-expanding data for merchandising and personalization, nearly every item sells, and sells within an average of 90 seconds.
Tophatter is funded by leading Silicon Valley venture capital firms, including August Capital, Charles River Ventures, Sequoia Capital, and SV Angel. We are based in San Francisco with offices in Shanghai and Portland.
We are actively expanding our team. In exchange for your precious time and energy, we offer incredible freedom and responsibility. If you're looking for a challenge, look no further. Let's grow together.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Tophatter are considered the property of Tophatter and are not subject to payment of agency fees.