San Francisco, CA or Remote (US) /
Product – Product Management /
Create the first software platform that merges cutting edge technology, human coaching, social learning, and mentorship aimed at creating the highest caliber leaders at all levels of the company, ultimately driving innovation, scale, and the bottom line.
We succeed by being extremely focused on delivering compelling, scalable, intentional end-to-end solutions for the problems of our customers and their employees. Our platform will enable Employee, Team, and Organization - Engagement » Insight » Action » Growth.
How do we do this? Insert the Product Design Lifecycle… Empathize, Define, Ideate, Prototype, Test, Build, Measure (repeat). We must understand our users and customers in a deep and unbiased way. What challenges do they face, what are their needs, what drives them, what excites them, what makes them do what they do, why, why, why, why, why...only then can we effectively come up with truly impactful solutions.
As a Product Manager, you will be responsible for managing product development through the Product Lifecycle. Working with a cross-functional team, you have the opportunity to shape our platform and our business; to make customer, business, and data-driven decisions about what, when, and how to build. You are an exceptional communicator and collaborator, the intersection between business, technology, and our customers. You dig into what matters most to users, prioritize problems, communicate trade-offs, work through solutions, drive execution, measure, and learn from success.
Reporting to a Director of Product Management, the Product Manager is a crucial addition to our growing Product team and a key player in Torch’s success. Torch is a hybrid remote and distributed team with offices in San Francisco, Buffalo and New York. At the moment, everyone is working remotely with the option to return to those offices when it is safe.
- Evaluate opportunities and navigate competing priorities to determine what gets built & delivered
- Gain deep knowledge of the customer, the data, our business, our market & industry, and priorities & dependencies
- Solve complex user, business, product, and design problems across multiple channels
- Partner & collaborate closely with product designers, engineers, and other key stakeholders to manage opportunities & features through the Product Lifecycle
- Influence and communicate in a compelling way, a vision to a wide variety of stakeholders by creating narratives to frame problems and highlight the business value of potential solutions
- Educate and reinforce the power of a design-thinking culture
- 1-3 years experience in a Product Management role
- Sharp product instincts with experience managing the software product development lifecycle in a product management role
- Experience with enterprise and platform solutions
- Solid understanding of user-centered design methods and best practices
- Ability to plan, define, execute and communicate at both a strategic and a tactical level
- Experience working in cross-functional teams (e.g. Design, Engineering, Research, Data & Analytics, Customer Success, Sales, etc.)
- A mind set of “Always be learning”
Bonus Skills *not required*
- User Research
- Technical acumen
- Data analytics skills, including building basic queries
- Experience in the ecosystems of learning & development, behavioral science, leadership, employee success, coaching, and/or workforce management
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible vacation
- Infrastructure to support a remote and distributed team
- Generous professional development stipend
- Commuter stipend for public transportation
Backed by top tier investors, Torch is a fast growing, mission-driven startup made up of psychologically oriented people who are passionate about helping leaders achieve their potential. Torch's platform provides coaches, clients, and customers with actionable insights into client and organizational strengths and challenges.
We believe leadership matters. The world needs conscious leaders driving invention, inspiration and innovation to solve the biggest opportunities and challenges of our time. Torch exists to create these leaders.
Torch is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. That being said, currently candidates must have authorization to work in the US. We’re building our team to move the world (and ourselves) toward greater leadership. If that sounds worthwhile to you, join us.