New York, New York /
Torch is a rapidly growing start-up (5x last year) that has raised over $10 million from top VCs including Bessemer Venture Partners, Felicis and FJ Labs. Torch is targeting the $100+ billion office-based healthcare supply industry, starting with dental practices. Our innovative e-commerce software platform streamlines healthcare professionals’ procurement process and helps them secure the best prices. Our founding team has experience from Blackstone, SmartAsset, Dropbox, and Datadog, from schools including Harvard and MIT. We’re a close‑knit team that enjoys working together every day to solve real‑world problems. We’re working to create better solutions to help healthcare professionals succeed, and we’re looking for talented people like you to help bring them to life!
As a Sales Manager at Torch, you will be responsible for a team of Account Executives who focus on new business acquisition. You will develop and coach sales reps on best sales practices to ensure your team is positioned to hit and exceed quota. You will also be responsible for onboarding and training of our new hires as Torch grows quickly. You should be a manager who leads by example, and has strong sales acumen.
Your Day To Day:
You will act as a self starter when first getting ramped up, to learn and execute the Torch sales process. From there, you will directly oversee and grow a team of sales professionals with a focus on talent development, metric centric management and closing new business. While leading the team, you have the opportunity to make a huge impact as we further build out sales processes and training to develop and grow our team.
What We’re Seeking:
• 2-4+ years of professional experience as a team lead or sales manager
• Previous experience training and developing a results oriented sales team with a focus on new business and revenue growth
• Candidate that leads by example and contributes to an environment that both excites and inspires the sales team
• Track record of achieving personal quotas in past positions, while supporting individuals on your team to also hit and over achieve their goals
• Demonstrated ability for sales development and leading effective training programs
• Interest in tech start-ups
• Knowledge of SMB sales
• Experience in healthcare space
• Interest in supply chain and marketplaces
• Collaborative, team-oriented, high performing culture
• Structured training program with clear performance based career track and potential for quick growth
• Competitive base salary and uncapped commission plan with significant earning potential
• Demonstrated investment in benefits for employees (i.e., medical, dental, 401k, commuter benefits, Teladoc virtual health and Talkspace online mental health memberships)
• Social outings & team events (Virtual & In Person)