Sales Development Representative
United States /
Torch is a rapidly growing start-up (5x last year) that has raised over $30 million from top VCs including Bessemer Venture Partners, Felicis and FJ Labs. Torch’s mission is to improve the lives of healthcare providers by simplifying supply ordering, providing transparent pricing, and modernizing the outdated ordering process. Torch is targeting the $100+ billion office-based healthcare supply industry, starting with dental practices. Our innovative e-commerce software platform streamlines healthcare professionals’ procurement process and helps them secure the best prices.
Our founding team has experience from Blackstone, SmartAsset, Dropbox, and Datadog, from schools including Harvard, MIT, and UVA. We’re a close‑knit team that enjoys working together every day to solve real‑world problems. We are working to create better solutions to help healthcare professionals succeed, and are looking for people like you to help bring them to life!
You will be joining Torch's growing sales team as a Sales Development Representative. Torch's SDR training program will teach you business fundamentals to grow your career. You will have a training period, ramp period, then be expected to begin speaking with prospects and customers within the healthcare industry. The ideal candidate is an energetic, driven self-starter with the aptitude for engaging with people and small businesses. You succeed when given the opportunity to build rapport, pitch a vision, and create interest.
As a Sales Development Representative you will help sell Torch's software solution. You will be responsible for performing targeted outbound prospecting to find new customers, qualify the right customers, and create new sales opportunities. You will partner closely with experienced sales team members to execute on sales opportunities, and have the opportunity to observe and learn the full sales process.
What we are looking for:
- Recent graduate; Bachelor's degree
- 0-1 years of related work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic with a positive attitude towards learning
- Persistence and motivation to achieve goals
- Ability to multitask, organize, and prioritize work
- Located in East Coast or Central Time Zones
- If located in NYC, working in a hybrid model
- Collaborative, high performing culture, with a focus on working as a team
- Health Benefits: medical and dental coverage with Aetna, One Medical
- 401k benefits with Slavic
- Unlimited and flexible paid time-off
- Maternity and Paternity leave
- Commuter benefits
- Structured training program to help you learn critical business skills
- Career planning with a focus on professional development
- Fully stocked pantry and fridge
- An employee-driven culture with happy hours, team events, and other initiatives to celebrate our many successes
- Base salary is $55,000, OTE is $65,000- $75,000 with uncapped commission plan and significant earning potential
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.