Sales Development Manager
Full Time /
Torch is a rapidly growing start-up (5x last year) that has raised over $30 million from top VCs including Bessemer Venture Partners, Felicis and FJ Labs. Torch’s mission is to improve the lives of healthcare providers by simplifying supply ordering, providing transparent pricing, and modernizing the outdated ordering process. Torch is targeting the $100+ billion office-based healthcare supply industry, starting with dental practices. Our innovative e-commerce software platform streamlines healthcare professionals’ procurement process and helps them secure the best prices.
Our founding team has experience from Blackstone, SmartAsset, Dropbox, and Datadog, from schools including Harvard, MIT, and UVA. We’re a close‑knit team that enjoys working together every day to solve real‑world problems. We are working to create better solutions to help healthcare professionals succeed, and are looking for people like you to help bring them to life!
As a Sales Development Manager at Torch, you will be responsible for a team of Sales Development Representatives who focus on new business acquisition through outbound prospecting. You will develop and coach sales reps on sales best practices and the Torch Sales Playbook. You will also be responsible for onboarding and training of our Torch Trainees as the team grows quickly. Torch is looking for candidates who lead by example, and will inspire the sales team to develop their potential and perform at a high level.
You will go through a thoughtful training process where you will learn (i) the Torch Sales Playbook (ii) our buyers key questions and business drivers (iii) world class sales fundamentals. From there, you will directly oversee and grow a team of sales development professionals with a focus on talent development, metric centric management and building new business. While leading the team, you have the opportunity to make a huge impact as we further build out sales processes and training to develop and grow our team.
What we are looking for:
- 3+ years of professional sales experience
- 2+ years of professional experience as a team lead or sales manager
- Previous experience training and developing a results oriented sales team with a focus on outbound prospecting and new business growth
- Candidate that leads by example and contributes to an environment that both excites and inspires the sales team
- Track record of achieving personal quotas in past positions, while supporting individuals on your team to also hit and over achieve their goals
- Collaborative, supportive, and high performing culture
- Health Benefits: medical and dental coverage with Aetna, One Medical
- 401k benefits with Slavic
- Unlimited and flexible paid time-off
- Maternity and Paternity leave
- Commuter benefits
- Structured training program to help you learn critical business skills
- Career planning with a focus on professional development
- Fully stocked pantry and fridge
- An employee-driven culture with happy hours, team events, and other initiatives to celebrate our many successes
- Base salary is $80,000/yr - $100,000, OTE is $140,000 - $160,000 and uncapped commission plan with significant earning potential
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.