New York, New York /
Torch is a rapidly growing marketplace — 5x over the last year — that has raised over $10 million from top VCs including Bessemer Venture Partners, Felicis and FJ Labs. Torch is targeting the $100+ billion office-based healthcare supply industry, starting with dental practices. Our innovative e-commerce software platform streamlines healthcare professionals’ procurement process and helps them secure the best products at the right prices.
We’re a close-knit and diverse team who work together everyday to solve real-world problems. Our culture is highly collaborative and celebrates diversity of backgrounds and thought. Our founding team has experience from Blackstone, SmartAsset, Dropbox, and Datadog, from schools including Harvard and MIT.
We’re working to create better solutions to help healthcare professionals succeed, and we’re looking for people like you to help bring them to life!
About the Role
Torch is looking to hire its first technical recruiter. In this role, you will closely partner with the CTO and co-founders to set the foundation for the recruitment organization as a whole. You will have tremendous opportunity for ownership, and will help to define our recruiting and engineering culture for years to come.
You will manage the full recruitment cycle: you will help design job postings, source candidates, guide them through the interview process, and help to close candidates. You will work closely with the CTO to build a robust pipeline of quality engineers across all seniority levels. You will help us refine our recruitment processes and build the metrics and and systems that allow us to continuously improve.
We believe that successful candidates will have:
• 2+ years of full-cycle technical recruiting experience in NYC.
• A track record of helping to scale high growth startups, ideally from an in-house perspective
• Excellent communication skills and a commitment to a high-quality, friendly, and inclusive candidate experience.
• A track record of building high quality, diverse candidate pipelines.
• Proven ability to successfully source passive senior candidates.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully close candidates.
• Experience using an ATS — we use Lever at present.
Compensation and Benefits
• Competitive salary and equity package based on experience
• Best in class medical and dental insurance
• Commuter benefits
• Flexible parental leave
• 401K retirement savings plan
• Flexible vacation policy; perform well and take time when you need it
• Collaborative and fun culture filled with team events and outings with our diverse team
• Opportunity to get in early and work directly with the founders of a rapidly growing company