Tier 1 Technical Support - Team Lead (Remote)
Minneapolis, MN /
Total Expert – Customer Support /
We are looking for a Tier 1 Technical Support Team Lead to join our team! As a Tier 1 Technical Support Team Lead you will provide leadership and manage the day to day operations of some of the Tier 1 team. A strong focus will be placed on team efficiency and accurate, timely responses to customer inquiries. You will be responsible for assisting the team in troubleshooting and in some cases responding to user inquiries via live chat, email, and phone as needed.
You’ll be joining a team of 17 in Tier 1 Support, which fits within the broader Professional Services department.
The shift for this role is 11-7PM Central time.
What You'll Do
- Plan, organize, schedule, and supervise the day-to-day Tier 1 technical support operations, customer service issues and Tier 2 escalations and defect process
- Provide overall direction and guidance to assigned Support Tier 1 team members
- Be an example to the Tier 1 team for timeliness, professionalism, sense of urgency, empathy, and issue resolution
- Provide feedback and direction regarding individual metrics; this may include coaching to a performance improvement plan for employees struggling to meet goals
- Assist team members with complex, high severity problems and escalations while providing guidance on problem resolution and communication
- Develop and train staff to enhance their product knowledge of the TE platform
- Communicate critical information and redirect employee activity as needed to meet the incoming demand of customer requests
- Develop and maintain department policies, procedures and processes as needed
- Manage team workload to ensure all customer issues are handled in a timely manner and driven to resolution
- Convey customer feedback from assigned Support team to Support leadership and/or product development staff
- Work collaboratively across departments to insure proper handling of customer issues (Development, Customer Success, etc.)
- Promote and maintain a high quality, professional, service-oriented company image among the team
- Participate in an on-call rotation for evening/weekend shifts
- Assist in other duties as assigned
What We Look For
- Minimum of 4 years’ Technical Support experience, in a SAAS environment preferred
- 1+ years’ experience leading a customer support and/or technical team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong collaboration and teambuilding skills
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to multi-task, manage multiple tasks/ projects, and adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient PC skills with knowledge of various software applications used for troubleshooting, call resolution, and logging
- Willingness to interact with customers in a professional and empathetic manner that enhances customers’ experience with Total Expert
- Previous experience with computer programming or application development is a plus
The base salary range for this position is $70,000-$75,000. This role includes a company bonus and a stock option grant opportunity. Compensation will be determined based on experience, skills, and geographic location.
Company Mission & Vision:
Total Expert’s mission is to empower modern financial institutions to create trusted lifelong customer relationships. Our vision is to orchestrate the perfect customer journey across modern financial services by creating the leading purpose-built platform.
We believe that living a balanced life leads to more creativity and productivity. Total Expert offers the following benefits to support employees in their pursuit of Total Wellness.
• Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage
• Prescription Drug Coverage
• Health Advocate Program
• Flexible Time Off Program
• 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan & Matching Program
• Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts & Disability Protection
• Life & Voluntary Life Coverage
• Paid Parental Leave
• Pet Insurance
• Employee Referral Bonus
We believe that strength comes from diversity and we strive for a culture where every person’s voice, unique lived experience, and talents are embraced and celebrated. We are committed to attracting and hiring for diversity of all kinds, creating better opportunities for inclusion and belonging throughout our employee lifecycle, and establishing and/or refining our internal practices and procedures to ensure equity.
Total Expert is a pre-IPO, series C, $50M (annual recurring revenue) fintech company. We are growing fast (between 30-40% annually), and as a CRM and marketing automation platform purpose-built for lenders and banks, we enjoy a tremendous product market fit for the world-class financial institutions we serve.
The Total Expert platform unifies data, marketing, sales, and compliance solutions to provide a cohesive experience across the customer lifecycle. We are determined to reimagine the way people and technology work together so that our customers build more meaningful, human connections with their customers.
With 1/3 of our annual budget committed to R&D, Total Expert is executing on a platform modernization journey, which has allowed us to focus on: team autonomy, continuous integration and deployment, and building the architectural foundation for the future. The results so far? 1) We moved from monthly deployment to multiple times per day, 2) our teams are empowered to make decisions and lead the architecture of their domain, and 3) we’ve built an event-sourced backbone as the foundation to build enterprise services with velocity.
Amidst business and integration growth, Total Expert continues to receive several awards and industry recognition. G2, the world’s leading business solutions review website, has identified Total Expert as a leader across four categories in the Summer 2022 reports. These rankings were achieved based on market presence and customer satisfaction of real users, which were then compared to similar products in each report category.
Along with this achievement, Total Expert recently has been recognized with the following awards and honors:
-Named to the 2022 Inc. 5000 Series: Midwest list for the third consecutive year
-Named a finalist in the "Best Consumer Digital Banking Solution Provider" category of the Banking Tech Awards USA
-Listed as an honoree for one of the most innovative technology companies in the housing economy on HousingWire’s 2022 Tech100 list for the fifth consecutive year
-Listed as number seven on the list of the 2022 Best Tech Startups in Minnesota
Come Join Us:
We’re changing how financial institutions engage with consumers, and it starts with the people behind our platform. We’re seeking passionate individuals to grow with us as we continue to empower leading financial brands to form deeper customer relationships. Our most successful people have a “teamwork makes the dream work” mindset, operate with a strong sense of urgency, have an entrepreneurial spirit, and are solutions-oriented. Take a closer look!