Account Executive, Mid-Market
Minneapolis, MN /
Total Expert – Sales /
Total Expert delivers purpose-built CRM and data-driven customer engagement solutions for more than 175 modern financial institutions. The platform unifies data, marketing, sales, and compliance solutions to provide a cohesive experience across the customer lifecycle. Total Expert turns customer insights into actions to increase loyalty and drive growth for banks, lenders, credit unions, and other financial services firms. For more information, visit totalexpert.com. For conversations with modern financial institutions and lenders on leadership and innovation, listen to the Expert Insights podcast, hosted by founder and CEO Joe Welu.
Total Expert is hiring an Account Executive to join our Mid-Market sales team! s an Account Executive, you interact with both prospects and existing customers with an eye toward closing business and maximizing revenue. Currently, the position is a mix of outbound and inbound activity with a ratio of 70/30. You will respond to inbound requests and action marketing initiatives targeted at specific accounts within a given territory. You will be working opportunities in the mid-market from cradle to grave. You will be responsible for growing your accounts and hitting your quota. Both a hunter and a farmer, you thrive on creating opportunities where everyone wins.
What You'll Do:
- Effectively sell to the customer’s needs through the use of solution selling, selling new deals and managing and upselling current clients
- Building net new business through prospecting, relationship building, and follow-through to close sales with a sense of urgency
- Work to identify and implement new and improved sales presentations to negotiate and overcome sales objections
- Achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual sales objectives and sales quotas, while ensuring the optimum customer experience and satisfaction
- Work within set key performance measurements defined by the management team and process sales transactions using internal provisioning systems and follow set processes and procedures
- Responsible for additional job duties such as meeting outbound call and sales goals as assigned. This would involve follow-up with prospects as well as upsells to existing customers
- Ensure that best practices for key success drivers of results are followed, and continuously reviewed to identify opportunities for improvement to optimize results
- Work with colleagues, and immediate supervisors to ensure that proven sales techniques are followed and enhanced.
- Update forecast and opportunity details within Hubspot CRM
- Set up and deliver sales presentations, product/service demonstrations, and other sales actions
- Promote positive working relationships with all internal and external customers
Who You Are:
- 2 - 5+ years of successful experience working in a high volume, inbound/ outbound SaaS sales environment
- Consultative sales professional able to drive Total Expert revenue growth
- Ability to educate prospects and help define solutions for their needs
- Solid track record of building relationships and collaborating at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently paired with a desire to learn and grow
- Experience managing client and prospect data in a CRM
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal, and ability to leverage the MS Office Suite
- Must be able to work efficiently through change and ability to multi-task
- Will thrive in high growth culture: Has a forward-thinking mindset, resilient, adaptable, and curious
- Experienced and comfortable in a fast-paced, high-performance, start-up environment
What Stands Out:
- FinTech sales experience
We recognize there is no such thing as a “perfect” candidate. We encourage you to apply even if you don’t have 100% of the listed qualifications and experience. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
The base salary range for this position is $70,000-$75,000. This role includes additional variable pay based on a commission plan and a stock option grant opportunity. Compensation will be determined based on experience, skills, and geographic location.
Company Mission & Vision:
Total Expert’s mission is to empower modern financial institutions to create trusted lifelong customer relationships. Our vision is to orchestrate the perfect customer journey across modern financial services by creating the leading purpose-built platform.
We believe that living a balanced life leads to more creativity and productivity. Total Expert offers the following benefits to support employees in their pursuit of Total Wellness.
• Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage
• Prescription Drug Coverage
• Health Advocate Program
• Flexible Time Off Program
• 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan & Matching Program
• Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts & Disability Protection
• Life & Voluntary Life Coverage
• Paid Parental Leave
• Pet Insurance
• Employee Referral Bonus
Total Expert is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe that strength comes from diversity and we strive for a culture where every person’s voice, unique lived experience, and talents are embraced and celebrated. We are committed to attracting and hiring for diversity of all kinds, creating better opportunities for inclusion and belonging throughout our employee lifecycle, and establishing and/or refining our internal practices and procedures to ensure equity.
Total Expert is a pre-IPO, series C, $50M (annual recurring revenue) fintech company. We are growing fast (between 30-40% annually), and as a CRM and marketing automation platform purpose-built for lenders and banks, we enjoy a tremendous product market fit for the world-class financial institutions we serve.
The Total Expert platform unifies data, marketing, sales, and compliance solutions to provide a cohesive experience across the customer lifecycle. We are determined to reimagine the way people and technology work together so that our customers build more meaningful, human connections with their customers.
With 1/3 of our annual budget committed to R&D, Total Expert is executing on a platform modernization journey, which has allowed us to focus on: team autonomy, continuous integration and deployment, and building the architectural foundation for the future. The results so far? 1) We moved from monthly deployment to multiple times per day, 2) our teams are empowered to make decisions and lead the architecture of their domain, and 3) we’ve built an event-sourced backbone as the foundation to build enterprise services with velocity.
Amidst business and integration growth, Total Expert continues to receive several awards and industry recognition. G2, the world’s leading business solutions review website, has identified Total Expert as a leader across four categories in the Summer 2022 reports. These rankings were achieved based on market presence and customer satisfaction of real users, which were then compared to similar products in each report category.
Along with this achievement, Total Expert recently has been recognized with the following awards and honors:
-Named to the 2022 Inc. 5000 Series: Midwest list for the third consecutive year
-Named a finalist in the "Best Consumer Digital Banking Solution Provider" category of the Banking Tech Awards USA
-Listed as an honoree for one of the most innovative technology companies in the housing economy on HousingWire’s 2022 Tech100 list for the fifth consecutive year
-Listed as number seven on the list of the 2022 Best Tech Startups in Minnesota
Come Join Us:
We’re changing how financial institutions engage with consumers, and it starts with the people behind our platform. We’re seeking passionate individuals to grow with us as we continue to empower leading financial brands to form deeper customer relationships.