Minneapolis, MN /
Total Expert – Sales /
We are looking for a Value Engineer to join our team! As a Value Engineer at Total Expert, you will be customer-obsessed and a resourceful strategic thinker with extensive experience in the SaaS and Financial Technology industry. Growth focused and results driven customer advocate with the ability to connect customer needs and requirements with relevant solutions, business strategy and value delivery. Vast experience in working with cross functional teams, executive level communication, bridging the gap between business and technical requirements, driving alignment and value delivery through user centered design and sound financial decisions.
Our Value Engineers are closely aligned with the Sales and Customer Success organizations, directly supporting sales and renewal pursuits within our top accounts. Our primary focus is to directly engage with customer executive teams to help articulate the tangible, strategic, and financial impact that our platform can deliver to their organizations. We are looking for a highly talented, creative, self-motivated individual to help our teams articulate how Total Expert solutions enable our prospects and customers to meet their key strategic and financial objectives. As part of the Value Engineering team, you will be empowered to be a “go-to person” for sales and customer success management and help define our strategy for supporting, educating, and scaling the Value Engineering program within Total Expert.
What You'll Do:
- Be the “go-to person” for sales management in your supported territory for value related expertise and activities
- Partner with sales management, sales engineering, customer success and other pre and post-sales functions to grow the amount of value related activity in your region.
- Develop and deliver compelling, CFO-ready business case presentations and financial models (ROI& TCO) aimed at accelerating, justifying, and/or expanding sales and renewal opportunities
- Work closely with prospective and existing customers, alongside sales and other functions, to identify, prioritize and quantify key business drivers and metrics, and help customers understand how our solutions will help them achieve their strategic and financial goals
- Facilitate internal and external discovery to map out customers' "as is" and "to be" business processes across a wide range of companies and industries with the goal of identifying and prioritizing key business value drivers
- Help companies identify the "so what" of business outcomes they are hoping a technology capability will provide to their organization and assist them in building a quantifiable business case and then in realizing that value throughout their customer lifecycle.
- Educate Segment account teams on value management best practices and trends to improve value-based selling and implementation strategies
- ~30% travel (possible)
The base salary range for this position is $150,000-$180,000. This role includes a company bonus and a stock option grant opportunity. Compensation will be determined based on experience, skills, and geographic location.
Company Mission & Vision:
Total Expert’s mission is to empower modern financial institutions to create trusted lifelong customer relationships. Our vision is to orchestrate the perfect customer journey across modern financial services by creating the leading purpose-built platform.
We believe that living a balanced life leads to more creativity and productivity. Total Expert offers the following benefits to support employees in their pursuit of Total Wellness.
• Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage
• Prescription Drug Coverage
• Health Advocate Program
• Flexible Time Off Program
• 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan & Matching Program
• Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts & Disability Protection
• Life & Voluntary Life Coverage
• Paid Parental Leave
• Pet Insurance
• Employee Referral Bonus
Total Expert is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe that strength comes from diversity and we strive for a culture where every person’s voice, unique lived experience, and talents are embraced and celebrated. We are committed to attracting and hiring for diversity of all kinds, creating better opportunities for inclusion and belonging throughout our employee lifecycle, and establishing and/or refining our internal practices and procedures to ensure equity.
Total Expert is a pre-IPO, series C, $50M (annual recurring revenue) fintech company. We are growing fast (between 30-40% annually), and as a CRM and marketing automation platform purpose-built for lenders and banks, we enjoy a tremendous product market fit for the world-class financial institutions we serve.
The Total Expert platform unifies data, marketing, sales, and compliance solutions to provide a cohesive experience across the customer lifecycle. We are determined to reimagine the way people and technology work together so that our customers build more meaningful, human connections with their customers.
With 1/3 of our annual budget committed to R&D, Total Expert is executing on a platform modernization journey, which has allowed us to focus on: team autonomy, continuous integration and deployment, and building the architectural foundation for the future. The results so far? 1) We moved from monthly deployment to multiple times per day, 2) our teams are empowered to make decisions and lead the architecture of their domain, and 3) we’ve built an event-sourced backbone as the foundation to build enterprise services with velocity.
Amidst business and integration growth, Total Expert continues to receive several awards and industry recognition. G2, the world’s leading business solutions review website, has identified Total Expert as a leader across four categories in the Summer 2022 reports. These rankings were achieved based on market presence and customer satisfaction of real users, which were then compared to similar products in each report category.
Along with this achievement, Total Expert recently has been recognized with the following awards and honors:
-Named to the 2022 Inc. 5000 Series: Midwest list for the third consecutive year
-Named a finalist in the "Best Consumer Digital Banking Solution Provider" category of the Banking Tech Awards USA
-Listed as an honoree for one of the most innovative technology companies in the housing economy on HousingWire’s 2022 Tech100 list for the fifth consecutive year
-Listed as number seven on the list of the 2022 Best Tech Startups in Minnesota
Come Join Us:
We’re changing how financial institutions engage with consumers, and it starts with the people behind our platform. We’re seeking passionate individuals to grow with us as we continue to empower leading financial brands to form deeper customer relationships.