Remote, US /
Total Expert – Product /
Total Expert delivers purpose-built CRM and data-driven customer engagement solutions for more than 175 modern financial institutions. The platform unifies data, marketing, sales, and compliance solutions to provide a cohesive experience across the customer lifecycle. Total Expert turns customer insights into actions to increase loyalty and drive growth for banks, lenders, credit unions, and other financial services firms. For more information, visit totalexpert.com. For conversations with modern financial institutions and lenders on leadership and innovation, listen to the Expert Insights podcast, hosted by founder and CEO Joe Welu.
We’re looking for a Product Manager to join the team! You will focus on creating the next generation of content management tools, communication tools, and CRM capability for the Total Expert marketing and customer engagement platform.
In the role, you’ll need to develop a keen sense of empathy with internal and external customers through direct observation and data. Then band together with cross-functional team members from all departments in the organization to get your solutions to market while communicating priorities, progress, scope and tradeoffs.
You’ll work closely with a product designer and engineering in a dual track agile environment to bring innovative solutions to our customers. You’ll report to https://www.linkedin.com/in/bryce-danielson-5a931764/.
This is a remote position with hybrid work available for candidates local to the Twin Cities.
What You'll Do:
- Guide product management efforts for scrum teams.
- Establish Total Expert as the leader in content and communication CRM capabilities for financial service customer experience platforms.
- Initiate market research and analysis of market size, opportunity and segments to identify and prioritize market problems worth solving.
- Translate strategic market problems into measurable hypotheses, then test, learn, and iterate to define how to solve those problems.
- Define, own, analyze, and report on the metrics that define the success of tests and product launches.
- Clearly communicate rationale and top tradeoffs for prioritized features to all stakeholders.
- Maintain close relationships with customers to proactively manage the product roadmap, solicit feedback on experiments and manage expectations on deliverables.
- Bring a detailed eye for user experience and design to ensure product features drive high adoption, amazing quality and customer delight.
- Deliver Sales and Support awareness training during development and release activities, in collaboration with Product Marketing, to ensure teams are prepared for product launches.
- Deliver high-quality user stories, using an agile approach, that represent collaborative solutions to critical product needs.
- Foster a workplace with the highest moral and ethical standards to ensure Total Expert remains an environment that promotes respect, innovation, and creativity.
Who You Are:
- 3+ years of Product Management experience in software
- Passionate about building great products, innovation, and solving complex customer problems.
- Excellent analytical, prioritization, communication, and negotiating skills.
- Solid track record of building relationships (internal and external) and collaborating to overcome obstacles.
- Experience serving as product owner for a scrum team, helping to manage scrum ceremonies and constantly seeking to educate the team on product strategy and roadmap.
- You've owned a product roadmap from researching through prioritizing delivery.
- You thrive in high growth culture: forward-thinking mindset, resilient, adaptable, and curious.
What Stands Out:
- Product management experience in a SaaS company.
- Knowledge in the Financial Services industry, or experience in a FinTech company.
We recognize there is no such thing as a “perfect” candidate. We encourage you to apply even if you don’t have 100% of the listed qualifications and experience. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
The base salary range for this position is $100,000-$125,000. This role includes a company bonus and a stock option grant opportunity. Compensation will be determined based on experience, skills, and geographic location.
Company Mission & Vision:
Total Expert’s mission is to empower modern financial institutions to create trusted lifelong customer relationships. Our vision is to orchestrate the perfect customer journey across modern financial services by creating the leading purpose-built platform.
We believe that living a balanced life leads to more creativity and productivity. Total Expert offers the following benefits to support employees in their pursuit of Total Wellness.
• Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage
• Prescription Drug Coverage
• Health Advocate Program
• Flexible Time Off Program
• 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan & Matching Program
• Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts & Disability Protection
• Life & Voluntary Life Coverage
• Paid Parental Leave
• Pet Insurance
• Employee Referral Bonus
Total Expert is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe that strength comes from diversity and we strive for a culture where every person’s voice, unique lived experience, and talents are embraced and celebrated. We are committed to attracting and hiring for diversity of all kinds, creating better opportunities for inclusion and belonging throughout our employee lifecycle, and establishing and/or refining our internal practices and procedures to ensure equity.
Total Expert is a pre-IPO, series C, $50M (annual recurring revenue) fintech company. We are growing fast (between 30-40% annually), and as a CRM and marketing automation platform purpose-built for lenders and banks, we enjoy a tremendous product market fit for the world-class financial institutions we serve.
The Total Expert platform unifies data, marketing, sales, and compliance solutions to provide a cohesive experience across the customer lifecycle. We are determined to reimagine the way people and technology work together so that our customers build more meaningful, human connections with their customers.
With 1/3 of our annual budget committed to R&D, Total Expert is executing on a platform modernization journey, which has allowed us to focus on: team autonomy, continuous integration and deployment, and building the architectural foundation for the future. The results so far? 1) We moved from monthly deployment to multiple times per day, 2) our teams are empowered to make decisions and lead the architecture of their domain, and 3) we’ve built an event-sourced backbone as the foundation to build enterprise services with velocity.
Amidst business and integration growth, Total Expert continues to receive several awards and industry recognition. G2, the world’s leading business solutions review website, has identified Total Expert as a leader across four categories in the Summer 2022 reports. These rankings were achieved based on market presence and customer satisfaction of real users, which were then compared to similar products in each report category.
Along with this achievement, Total Expert recently has been recognized with the following awards and honors:
-Named to the 2022 Inc. 5000 Series: Midwest list for the third consecutive year
-Named a finalist in the "Best Consumer Digital Banking Solution Provider" category of the Banking Tech Awards USA
-Listed as an honoree for one of the most innovative technology companies in the housing economy on HousingWire’s 2022 Tech100 list for the fifth consecutive year
-Listed as number seven on the list of the 2022 Best Tech Startups in Minnesota
Come Join Us:
We’re changing how financial institutions engage with consumers, and it starts with the people behind our platform. We’re seeking passionate individuals to grow with us as we continue to empower leading financial brands to form deeper customer relationships.