QA Automation Engineer
At TourRadar, we are a bunch of techy travel experts on a mission to enrich people’s lives through touring. We have built a marketplace platform that brings travellers together with a large number of global and local tour operators and we are committed to providing simple but awesome user experiences to them. By putting a bunch of cutting-edge technologies to good use, we are building an environment where engineers can grow and thrive while helping the company on its global mission.
We are looking for QA Automation Engineers who are obsessed with quality and collaborate well cross-functionally, while always looking to grow themselves and others in the process. At TourRadar, we take pride in building an environment of mutual trust and respect, where we have a ton of fun building a world-class tech platform.
- Monitor, maintain and improve our existing automation framework
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Collaborate with teams across the organization to ensure smooth operation of our systems and applications
- Become a knowledge expert on your projects by talking to stakeholders and partnering closely with product management and engineers
- Contribute to knowledge sharing within the team
- Feel comfortable always challenging the status quo and raising issues and risks to stakeholders and product owners
- Good written and verbal communication skills. We communicate all day long.
- 3+ years of prior work experience in a comparable role
- Familiarity with popular automation frameworks such as Selenium, within a Java environment
- An understanding that Cucumber is not necessarily just a vegetable name
- Experience with performance and/or security testing (as a nice to have)
- Frontend: React, Redux, GraphQL, CSS-in-JS, Babel, Webpack, Typescript/ES6, Jest, Cypress, Netlify, Antd
- Backend: PHP (Symfony and Laravel as frameworks), Python and NodeJS/TypeScript lambda-functions, and Java (for E2E testing)
- Data Stores: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, Elasticsearch, Redshift
- Containers: Docker
- Automation: Ansible, Terraform
- Deployment: Jenkins, BitBucket pipelines
- Hosting: AWS (EC2, ECS, IAM, S3, SQS, Redshift, Lambda, etc.)
Benefits & Perks
- The stability and excitement of working for a fast scaling Series C funded startup, including Silicon Valley investors.
- The opportunity to grow personally and professionally alongside a well-defined career development path
- Generous travel credits to experience our product anywhere in the world
- Possibility of working from other TourRadar locations (Toronto, Brisbane) for a period of time.
- Working out of a brand new office right in the heart of Vienna (1st District), including a private BBQ area, a foosball and ping pong table, chill out spaces, etc.
- An international work environment where English is the official working language.
- Regular team outings: a lot of us spontaneously organize trips together within and outside Austria.
This role is based in our Vienna office.