TourRadar is a venture-backed marketplace disrupting a $50 billion industry. Revolutionizing how multi-day tours are compared and purchased, we provide travellers with a trusted online marketplace to find and book life-enriching experiences worldwide. Traditionally, these types of experiences have been predominantly serviced offline by brick and mortar travel agents, but we recognize that it's time to move this industry online and capture global market share through digital reach. With over 35 different nationalities in our team and offices spread across Europe, North America and Australia, we work to deliver the best possible service and tour booking experience to our customers. Launched in 2010, we proudly produce everything in-house thanks to our exceptional internal talent and are now looking to scale our team.
Engineering Managers play a major role in nurturing people and developing teams. Through cross-functional collaboration across the company, they help drive the global technology roadmap for TourRadar, take ownership, and have critical impact on our ability to scale the engineering team. We believe a world-class engineering leadership and management organisation is key to continued success and for the growth of our engineers. And if becoming a future CTO or VP Engineering is in your horizon, this role is a great stepping stone for that as you’ll have much the same responsibilities, only with a smaller scope.
- Inspire and empower the engineers on your team through mentorship, coaching and ensuring they are adequately challenged in a way that maximises both their personal growth and the company’s growth.
- Help recruit and retain top engineering talent to continuously build diverse, high-performing teams.
- Improve the way your team works together in an agile manner, enabling a culture of continuous learning and improvement.
- Facilitate technical design discussions, remove blockers and ensure we are building the right technology for our customers and business.
- Collaborate closely with product management and design counterparts in driving your team’s roadmap, helping clarify technical trade offs given existing priorities, and ensuring delivery on commitments in time and in full.
- Contribute across the company as a member of the broader TourRadar’s engineering management team, playing a key role in effectively scaling our overall technology platform.
- Experience as a software engineer building user-focused, maintainable products that scaled well. You take pleasure in working on and architecting well designed APIs.
- Led, managed, coached and mentored engineers towards delivering timely, high quality software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A growth mindset, and a deep curiosity to learn and improve yourself constantly.
- Experience with distributed, service-oriented architectures (e.g. microservices), which we see as an enabler of fast-paced, innovative and agile teams. You also understand domain-driven design and the benefits of encapsulating well defined business contexts.
- Solid experience working in an agile development environment, a desire to deliver value early and often, and the ability to manage engineering timelines for large projects
- Strong sense of DevOps culture and how to improve the design/development/deployment cycle through Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment and automation in general. An understanding of the overall AWS stack is a big bonus.
Benefits & Perks:
- The stability and excitement of working for a fast scaling Series C funded startup, including Silicon Valley investors.
- The opportunity to grow personally and professionally alongside a well-defined career development path
- Generous travel credits to experience our product anywhere in the world
- Possibility of working from other TourRadar locations (Toronto, Brisbane) for a period of time.
- Working out of a brand new office right in the heart of Vienna (1st District), including a private BBQ area, a foosball and ping pong table, chill out spaces, etc.
- An international work environment where English is the official working language.
- Regular team outings: a lot of us spontaneously organize trips together within and outside Austria.