Senior Software Engineer
At TourRadar, we are a bunch of techy travel experts on a mission to enrich people’s lives through touring. We have built a marketplace platform that brings travellers together with a large number of global and local tour operators and we are committed to providing simple but awesome user experiences. By putting a bunch of cutting-edge technologies to good use, we are building an environment where engineers can grow and thrive while pushing toward the company's mission.
We are looking for senior technical leaders who enjoy solving hard problems, who think on their feet and are obsessed with helping accomplish important missions while growing themselves and others in the process. At TourRadar, we take pride in building an environment of mutual trust and respect, where we have a ton of fun building a world-class tech platform.
- Collaborate with other senior and staff engineers in driving the technical roadmap in alignment with product development.
- Help drive the technical architecture behind our marketplace, keeping scalability, performance and resilience in mind at all times.
- Bring a number of developers together from a technical perspective, ensuring teams are building the right solutions for their problems.
- Support other engineers in developing their respective skill set, through mentorship and coaching.
- Take an active part in helping recruit the best technical talent to join our growing team.
- Great written and verbal communication skills. We communicate all day long.
- A deep curiosity to learn and improve yourself, and others around you, constantly.
- Mentored less experienced developers, using practices such as pair programming and code reviewing.
- A background in agile development, a desire to deliver value early and often, and the ability to manage engineering timelines for large projects.
- Experience in migrating legacy infrastructures to modern service-oriented and event-driven architectures. Understanding of domain-driven design is a plus.
- An ability to write clean and well tested code, and understand the mechanics of safe refactoring.
- Fluency in PHP or able to pick it up quickly -- knowing that our growing microservice architecture opens up use cases for other languages, too.
- Strong sense of DevOps culture and experience working in heavily automated CI/CD environments. A good understanding of the overall AWS stack is a (very) nice bonus.
- Frontend: React, Redux, GraphQL, CSS-in-JS, Babel, Webpack, Typescript/ES6, Jest, Cypress, Netlify, Antd
- Backend: PHP (Symfony and Laravel as frameworks), Python and NodeJS/TypeScript lambda-functions, and Java (for E2E testing)
- Data Stores: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, Elasticsearch, Redshift
- Containers: Docker
- Automation: Ansible, Terraform
- Deployment: Jenkins, BitBucket pipelines
- Hosting: AWS (EC2, ECS, IAM, S3, SQS, Redshift, Lambda, etc.)
Benefits & Perks
- The stability and excitement of working for a fast scaling Series C funded startup, including Silicon Valley investors.
- The opportunity to grow personally and professionally alongside a well-defined career development path
- Working out of a brand new office right in the heart of Vienna (1st District), including a private BBQ area, a foosball and ping pong table, chill out spaces, etc.
- An international work environment where English is the official working language.
- Regular team outings: a lot of us spontaneously organize trips together within and outside Austria.
- FAM trip: One free tour per year to experience our products with up to 500 euros towards your airfare.
- Possibility of working from other TourRadar locations (Toronto, Brisbane) for a period of time.
This role is based in our Vienna office.