Connecting people to life-enriching travel experiences
TourRadar is a Series-C venture backed marketplace disrupting a $50 billion industry. Revolutionizing how multi-day tours are compared and purchased, we provide travellers with a trusted online marketplace to find and book life-enriching experiences worldwide. Traditionally, these types of experiences have been predominantly serviced offline by brick and mortar travel agents, but we recognize that it's time to move this industry online and capture global market share through digital reach. With over 40 different nationalities in our team and offices spread across Europe, North America and Australia, we work to deliver the best possible service and tour booking experience to our customers.
As a marketplace, there is no short of challenges for us to tackle. Providing a rich search & discovery experience to our travellers and making booking tours extremely easy, giving our operators simple ways to get onboarded and remaining part of our platform, enabling our great customer support team to interact seamlessly with both travellers and operators, integrating payment service providers and accounting solutions… the list goes on. We are in fact disrupting the multi-day tour travel space and that’s hard work. Luckily, it’s also a lot of fun!
Growing also means an increasing number of data points we track and which we need to turn into insights to support quality decisions. We are building the next generation of our data layer, with the objective of making our growing reporting needs pretty much self-service to our different departments. Accomplishing that starts with a solid data platform and robust data engineering practices and standards.
As part of our working culture, you will be expected to own your space, be accountable, take responsibility, and work with other disciplines to coordinate impactful cross-functional efforts. That said, we are also committed to supporting your personal and professional growth. Beyond learning on the job, our engineers also have access to structured training programs, travel to relevant conferences and regularly share their knowledge internally and externally.
- Work within our Foundation engineering team alongside other Data Engineers Design, in architecting and supporting new and existing data and ETL pipelines, and recommend improvements and modifications.
- Collaborate with and mentor other engineers across the company in adopting best-in-class data management practices.
- Develop monitoring systems to ensure our data platform is behaving as expected, and alerting us when it is not.
- Constantly look for, identify and analyze performance bottlenecks in our data layer (such as slow queries or process inefficiencies), helping other engineers debug issues with data pipelines.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources.
- Help assemble large, complex data sets that meet critical business requirements.
- Good communication skills. We communicate all day long.
- A growth mindset, and a deep curiosity to learn and improve yourself constantly.
- A tendency to go above and beyond, always looking for ways to improve things around you. You thrive in fast-moving, sometimes ambiguous environments.
- Experience building a scalable data platform within a microservice architecture.
- Implementing complex ETL pipelines in cloud-based infrastructures.
- Fluency in SQL.
- Hands-on experience with AWS and services like EC2, SQS, SNS, Redshift, RDS, Cache etc.
- Some familiarity with message queues and streaming platforms, such as Kafka.
- A can-do attitude: no problem is too daunting for you to tackle.
- Frontend: React, Redux, GraphQL, CSS-in-JS, Babel, Webpack, Typescript/ES6, Jest, Cypress, Netlify, Antd
- Backend: PHP (Symfony and Laravel as frameworks), Python and NodeJS/TypeScript lambda-functions, and Java (for E2E testing)
- Data Stores: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, Elasticsearch, Redshift
- Containers: Docker
- Automation: Ansible, Terraform
- Deployment: Jenkins, BitBucket pipelines
- Hosting: AWS (EC2, ECS, IAM, S3, SQS, Redshift, Lambda, etc.)
Benefits & Perks
We strongly believe our biggest motivation is working together with great people in accomplishing something that matters in the world. Our vision of connecting people with life-enriching travel experiences is exactly that, and our love for travel means that often we are our own customers, too!
That said, you can expect more benefits from working at TourRadar:
• The stability and excitement of working for a fast scaling Series C funded startup, including Silicon Valley investors.
• The opportunity to grow personally and professionally alongside a well-defined career development path.
• Working out of a brand new office right in the heart of Vienna (1st District), including a private BBQ area, a foosball and ping pong table, chill out spaces, etc.
• An international work environment where English is the official working language (German lessons are also provided for free in our Vienna office).
• Regular team outings: a lot of us spontaneously organize trips together within and outside Austria.
• Familiarisation trips - free or massively discounted tours with which TourRadar also provides up to 500 Euros towards your airfare.
• Possibility of working from other TourRadar locations (Toronto, Brisbane) for a period of time.