At TourRadar, we are a bunch of techy travel experts on a mission to enrich people’s lives through touring. We have built a marketplace platform that brings travellers together with a large number of global and local tour operators and we are committed to providing simple but awesome user experiences to them. By putting a bunch of cutting-edge technologies to good use, we are building an environment where engineers can grow and thrive while helping the company on its global mission.
We are looking for data engineers who enjoy solving hard problems, who think for on their feet and are obsessed with helping accomplish important missions while growing themselves in the process. At TourRadar, we take pride in building an environment of mutual trust and respect, where we have a ton of fun building a world-class tech platform.
- Work within our Foundation engineering team alongside other Data Engineers Design, in architecting and supporting new and existing data and ETL pipelines, and recommend improvements and modifications.
- Collaborate with and mentor other engineers across the company in adopting best-in-class data management practices.
- Develop monitoring systems to ensure our data platform is behaving as expected, and alerting us when it is not.
- Constantly look for, identify and analyze performance bottlenecks in our data layer (such as slow queries or process inefficiencies), helping other engineers debug issues with data pipelines.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources.
- Help assemble large, complex data sets that meet critical business requirements.
- Good communication skills. We communicate all day long.
- A growth mindset, and a deep curiosity to learn and improve yourself constantly.
- A tendency to go above and beyond, always looking for ways to improve things around you. You thrive in fast-moving, sometimes ambiguous environments.
- Experience building a scalable data platform within a microservice architecture.
- Implementing complex ETL pipelines in cloud-based infrastructures.
- Fluency in SQL.
- Hands-on experience with AWS and services like EC2, SQS, SNS, Redshift, RDS, Cache etc.
- Some familiarity with message queues and streaming platforms, such as Kafka.
- A can-do attitude: no problem is too daunting for you to tackle.
- Frontend: React, Redux, GraphQL, CSS-in-JS, Babel, Webpack, Typescript/ES6, Jest, Cypress, Netlify, Antd
- Backend: PHP (Symfony and Laravel as frameworks), Python and NodeJS/TypeScript lambda-functions, and Java (for E2E testing)
- Data Stores: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, Elasticsearch, Redshift
- Containers: Docker
- Automation: Ansible, Terraform
- Deployment: Jenkins, BitBucket pipelines
- Hosting: AWS (EC2, ECS, IAM, S3, SQS, Redshift, Lambda, etc.)
Benefits & Perks
- The stability and excitement of working for a fast scaling Series C funded startup, including Silicon Valley investors.
- The opportunity to grow personally and professionally alongside a well-defined career development path
- Working out of a brand new office right in the heart of Vienna (1st District), including a private BBQ area, a foosball and ping pong table, chill out spaces, etc.
- An international work environment where English is the official working language.
- Regular team outings: a lot of us spontaneously organize trips together within and outside Austria.
- FAM trip: One free tour per year to experience our products with up to 500 euros towards your airfare.
- Possibility of working from other TourRadar locations (Toronto, Brisbane) for a period of time.
This role is based in our Vienna office.